• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics card options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

I finally have my money in hand, so realizing that I've asked this question before but there is new hardware out now. so, big question. 2xR9-290x or 3xR9-280x. any other options I have a rm1000w psu and $1700 for gpu's. I was thinking 290x for a later upgrade and more horsepower if I wanted to do high res. with 4k finally coming down in price.

Last edited:
I bet his previous threads has that information...let me look..

Edit: no clue. Kid is all over the map 4k surround, 5760x1080...

as stated my prev. threads have always been kind of, as earth dog said all over the map.
currently I have one 1440p monitor. I want to at some point get into high res. gaming whether it be 3x1440p or a 4k monitor but for atleast the next year I will have only my one 1440p monitor.

I'd go single 290x now since prices are artificially inflated, then when you get more monitors, look at your other one or two or whatever cards are available at that time. Nvidis is coming out with new cards around mid year, amd may have something else in a year. So it doesnt make sense go me to buy all 3 now with pricing the way it is and not buying more monitors for a year.

+1 or a 780ti if NVidia is your cup of tea, but theirs no point in going overkill until Maxwell comes out

Back