• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock i2500k and rock z77 extreme 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay now let's start in small steps. First go to your BIOS. Keep EVERYTHING on AUTO EXCEPT the following, which we will change manually-
(i) CPU Voltage= Fixed Mode (set at 1.2V)
(ii) CPU Load Line Calibration- Level 1
(iii) CPU Ratio- All Cores and change the Value to 40 from 33.
Then save the options and exit the BIOS.
When Windows opens, do a 10 minutes run of Prime95 on Blend Mode, keeping HWMonitor open. Watch down the maximum temps (max is 80C). If it's stable, then go back to BIOS and increase your multiplier by 1 notch and run Prime95 for 10 mins again. Repeat this step until Prime95 fails. When Prime95 fails, then report back here.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693613

@ Dj - Why blend? That tests memory as well as CPU. We are overclocking the CPU and leaving the memory alone or putting it at stock speeds, right? My suggestion would be to use blend at the end personally... but we all have different ways of doing things to get to the same end point I guess. :)

^^+1
The link which EarthDog gave is the best guide for you. Just keep your volts at 1.3V and don't go over it.

G

@ Dj - Why blend? That tests memory as well as CPU. We are overclocking the CPU and leaving the memory alone or putting it at stock speeds, right? My suggestion would be to use blend at the end personally... but we all have different ways of doing things to get to the same end point I guess. :)

You're right about that...Large FFT's will probably do the job I guess. :)

Here are a few screnshots of my BIOS. Hope this helps. :)

Attachments

• 140128205112.jpg
    140128205112.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 140128205130.jpg
    140128205130.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 140128205152.jpg
    140128205152.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 39
Small FFT is what people normally hold as best for CPU testing. Large, for whatever reason people do not tend to use.

thanks guys, I would like to work my cpu to 4.6 take idea from the screen @ dj1992

If you are simply going to copy his settings and not learn, that is ok too. Just make sure to set your ram to YOUR specs, not his as they can be, and are likely different.

This is an English speaking forum...no idea what you are saying...Sorry!

But I do see the link you provided... You are 9-9-9-24 aat 1.5v.

Worry about the CPU first or set the XMP Profile in the bios.

I have my RAM set on AUTO...even if he copies my AUTO settings, it won't be a problem since the Mobo will run the RAM at default settings on AUTO :p

Also don't jump straight to 4.6Ghz. Since yours is 32nm, it's likely to require more than 1.3V. Start with 4.4Ghz and run Prime95 for 20 mins. Then gradually increase-first 4.5Ghz and then 4.6Ghz. If your CPU can remain stable at 4.6Ghz, it means you have a good chip. You can then try to push it further by incresing the multiplier by 1 till its unstable.

I have my RAM set on AUTO...even if he copies my AUTO settings, it won't be a problem since the Mobo will run the RAM at default settings on AUTO :p

Also don't jump straight to 4.6Ghz. Since yours is 32nm, it's likely to require more than 1.3V. Start with 4.4Ghz and run Prime95 for 20 mins. Then gradually increase-first 4.5Ghz and then 4.6Ghz. If your CPU can remain stable at 4.6Ghz, it means you have a good chip. You can then try to push it further by incresing the multiplier by 1 till its unstable.
Your voltage was manually set was my main point. Some are 1.65/1.60v etc. This guy is copying exactly, which isn't a good thing so, had to be said.

Carry on, not a fna of helping cookie cutters I have to admit. ;)

io parto da 4.4 ghz ma il core voltage come lo setto? offset mode o fixed mode?

I start from 4.4 ghz but the core voltage as the septum? offset mode or fixed mode?

haha EarthDog..ur too much ;)
Keep the VCore at Fixed Mode and at 1.3V. Keep the Load Line Calibrator at Level 1. Then change your multiplier to 44 and start testing. Keep check of your temps.

haha EarthDog..ur too much ;)
Keep the VCore at Fixed Mode and at 1.3V. Keep the Load Line Calibrator at Level 1. Then change your multiplier to 44 and start testing. Keep check of your temps.

ok, thanks, but the voice long duration power limit, short, and secondory primary septum on auto?

ok, thanks, but the voice long duration power limit, short, and secondory primary septum on auto?
Like I said before keep the rest of the settings on AUTO, except CPU Voltage, Multiplier and Load Line Calibration. Just one question? Did you buy the motherboard and CPU together?

Back