• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: February Heaven DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:thup:Nice E_D
Or must be nice, not sure of my sentiment ATM

Can someone explain to me in why AMD cards get to disable tessalation?

That makes this benchmark very favourable to Amd cards and not so much to Nvidia. I still need to OC my cpu I only ran at 4.2 and once I get this card figured out I'm sure I will hit 3600/3700.

Not sure why...

You cpu o/c won't yield much (800mhz in my case yielded 50 points), but every point counts!

Does frame pacing make a difference? In single card?

PB try overclocking your Ram a bit and change the command rate to 1T and see if it gives you a bit more on your score!! If you look at all the other Subs you will see most are running there RAM @ 2400Mhz or 2600Mhz!! It gives a boost in read and right and also try turning OFF HT as well if you can!! ;) :thup:

P.S. You might have to add 0.5 volts to your Ram to get it stable as well! :attn:

When you have finished benching do not forget to turn it back on!! ;)

AJ.

The only thing that bugs me about benchmarking is that it's always about the fps. Never about the absolute brilliance of the picture that is produced. There needs to be a benchmrak to test how well your GPU produces a graphical image at a set frame rate or how realistic it looks, then again how do you scale that and test it to produce a score.

You would have to enable tessalation... lol!

Have you played Arma 3 maxed out with sampling at 200%. I am still blown away by the graphical fidelity in that game its just to bad it makes poor usage of our hardware. The graphical fidelity will be the same on any chipset in these benchmarks and will only be limited to the quality of your monitor.

Thanks, but as you see I have much higher clocks and not much better score. GTX780Ti is simply much better for some benchmarks.

I am finding this is a much better Motherboard than my P9X79 PRO Buddy!!

AJ.

Can someone explain to me in why AMD cards get to disable tessalation?

That makes this benchmark very favourable to Amd cards and not so much to Nvidia. I still need to OC my cpu I only ran at 4.2 and once I get this card figured out I'm sure I will hit 3600/3700.

You can disable Tessellation via drivers with AMD and you need software to disable Tessellation with Nvidia so according to Hwbot rules you can't use software to alter the bench to make it run faster

So how is disabling tessellation on AMD cards a fair benchmark?

Made it to 3715! Thanks everyone for the pointers and the ram was just enough to get me into that 3700 point spot. I now need to look at getting a 4770K :D

yes yes.PNG

Last edited:
Back