• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4930k Overclock Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steelfire

Registered
Hello Everyone.

Just built a new comp with the 4930k.. Does anyone have some stable clocks and voltages?

I plan to start at 1.35v @4.2 GHz but I'm still noob to overclocking, any suggestions?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but max voltage 1.50v?

Edit: Forget to mention I'm overclocking for a stable 24/7 game build.

Last edited:
Max voltage depends from used cooling and some other things. No one will guarantee that any voltage above declared by manufacturer is safe. 1.5V is maybe max as short time spikes but for sure not 24/7.

Most 4930k should work @4.5GHz 1.35V. Better are running @4.5GHz 1.25V , worse 1.35-1.4V. My 4930K needs 1.30V for 4.5GHz.
4.2GHz should be enough for 24/7 and I would start testing it at 1.15-1.20V, slowly raising voltage if it won't be stable.

go figure... the 4930K is popular as bacon here, now!

that's some good info Woomack. i was actually getting ready to google fu 4930k common overclocked voltages to get an idea what i should expect.

my current speeds, btw, are simply from setting the XMP profile for my RAM, the mobo auto synced the cores @ turbo boost clocks.

Thank You for the Help!

I do want to get up to 4.5Ghz 24/7 Gaming should I start off at 1.30v or 1.35V? Im using the Coolermaster Nepton 280L Internal Water-cooling system. Hopefully that will be enough cooling to keep below 80C.

Again because I'm still noobish OC you just change to Multiplier or do you move the core speed as well.

Last edited:
Start at 1.35v and work your way down is my suggestion...

Moving the multiplier changes the core speed. Remember its BCLK x Multiplier = Core speed.

Thank you. Ill be on prime95 tonight testing 4.5Ghz @1.35v. Its still kinda scary because to me its just guess n check and I don't want to fry my new equipment.

I Don't Know if you guys can help me but I hit a point where im really confused.

4930k is set at 100mhz 45x at 1.35V. CPU-Z is reporting the correct 4.5ghz but the voltage is at 1.376V. So I try to change my bios voltage to 1.38V to see if the mobo is auto-volting for some reason and the value under manual voltage keeps reverting to 1.35V even though I press save&Exit.

Ideas?

Asus Rampage IV Black Ed mobo.

Edit: Also when I start the computer it sometimes starts the fans exc.... it doesent even get to bios then it restart and does fine. Prime 95 for 2 hours no crashes @ 59C Maxtemp

Last edited:
3.8v? Huh? Your chip would pop in the spot. Was that a typo?

Anyway, a board almost never matches the bios voltage to windows. You need to keep an eye on your voltage while under load. So if you set 1.35 in the bios, boot to windows and see 1.3675 on idle, then put a load on it and it drops to 1.29. This is very normal (values made up, note)

Sorry it I set it to 1.38V and it doesn't increase the bios just reverts it to 1.35V.

CPU-Z is reporting 1.376 under load.

Corrected ____________________
I Don't Know if you guys can help me but I hit a point where im really confused.

4930k is set at 100mhz 45x at 1.35V. CPU-Z is reporting the correct 4.5ghz but the voltage is at 1.376V. So I try to change my bios voltage to 1.38V to see if the mobo is auto-volting for some reason and the value under manual voltage keeps reverting to 1.35V even though I press save&Exit.

Ideas?

Asus Rampage IV Black Ed mobo.

Edit: Also when I start the computer it sometimes starts the fans exc.... it doesent even get to bios then it restart and does fine. Prime 95 for 2 hours no crashes @ 59C Maxtemp

Last edited:
Ok So i figued out the issue with my Bios. Apparently I HAVE to change the multiplier for the voltage change to register. So i changed it to 44x back to 45x and set 1.38V.

So my current stats are 4.5Ghz @1.38V and CPU-Z is reporting 4.5Ghz @ 1.408V

Im running prime 95 now but it seemed to be stable @1.35V even though the bios reset once every time i started up?

Will the Up voltage solve the bios startup (I assume its an overclock failure) issue?

I think you need to post your Bios and settings so we can see exactly what your doing???

Find a clean USB thumb-drive and put it into your USB 2 socket on your PC, start it up and go into the Bios. Then start at the first page and press F12 on your Keyboard the motherboard will send a photo to the USB. Then just go to each page and press F12 to take a snap shot, once you have completed that. Power down your PC and once its switched OFF, then take out the USB THUMB-DRIVE.

There is a very good reason for this is i have the same motherboard here, yet i do not have any problems like what you are saying to us all. Plus you have some of the best overclockers helping you right now.

It would in turn help them to see your settings, then to help you to achieve what your trying to do.

Respectfully,

AJ.

Also Just noticed the mobo is only seeing 8 of the 16GB sigh...lol I mixed them all around in the slots including the recommending config in the mobo book. CPU-Z sees 16gb but the BIOS and OS sees 8. Another day another new issue lol.

Thank you guys very much for your experience and help. I try to give back some knowledge to this forum as thanks for the people that help me.

Anyway as stated before I got to the higher voltage as seen in the screen shots. Still when I turn on the computer it clicks on, Doesent even get to the BIOS clicks off then on again... no error message.. and boots up fine. Is this normal for this mobo?

140222110301.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

140222110316.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

140222110324.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

140222110338.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

140222110400.png
[/url] screen capture freeware[/IMG]

Last edited:
You're getting there Steelfire!

Some general settings that jump out at me...
- set internal pll overvoltage to enabled
- manually set your dram frequency to whatever your sticks are rated for (also set the dram voltage and memory timings to the values on the sticker on the ram)
- in DIGI+, set load line calibration to high
- disable the 2 spread spectrum settings
- for now..disable all c-states and speedstep

Sorry as i suspected this Overclock is all over the place and really needs to start from the First page!! Being honest its a bit of a mess and needs sorting out, before you do something really bad!!

So first we need to sort out your RAM first before we do anything else! Right tell me what kit or set up have there and how many sticks!! The voltage, the timings, make model, everything, then we need to have those in the correct slots.

Once we have done this only will we go onto the next item!

AJ.

Funsoul buddy there is 101 things he needs to do, but i think he needs to start and sort out this ram and slots first. Then when we have everything stable and correct then we can slowly oc this set up and help him. But if we jump in the deep end then i feel its going to go seriously wrong!

Steelfire back to you now!!

AJ.

Last edited:
Here is the Exact Link (New egg) to my Ram.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233401

Here is the Cpoy/Paste of the spec sheet:

Model

Brand
CORSAIR

Series
Dominator Platinum

Model
CMD16GX3M2A2133C9

Type
240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Tech Spec

Capacity
16GB (2 x 8GB)

Speed
DDR3 2133

Cas Latency

Timing
9-11-11-31

Voltage
1.65V

Multi-channel Kit
Dual Channel Kit

Heat Spreader
Yes

Features
Hand Screened Performance IC's

DHX cooling

Customizable Polished Aluminum light bar

Corsair Link compatibility

Edit:
So I assume I should change the RAM to these specs and pull down to clock to 40x or something?

Ive been told that fixing your ram to spec doesn't really increase FPS as a gamer +/- 1-2 fps where as I can gain much more by the simple overclock and keep stable at a higher frequency. As always I'm prolly wrong thus why I'm asking for your help ;)

Last edited:
What you have there is 2 sticks which means you can only run DUAL CHANNEL!! To run QUAD CHANNEL you need 4 matched sticks of ram like 4 x 4 GB = 16 GB as you can see.

So first things we need to set this up in the correct slots for Dual Band Ram!! OK.

So put one stick into slot B1 which is the 3rd SLOT in the first Bank of ram slots.

Next put the second stick into slot D1 which is the 2nd SLOT in the second bank.

This is working from left to right, from the side the plugs into your video card input.

Last of all switch off your PC before you move anything and switch off the PSU switch as well and ground yourself before you touch anything as well.

Come back to me and tell me where are your Ram and in what ram slots?

AJ.

My Ram sticks are already in that configurate (at the time of the screen shots) that is the recommended RAM configuration in the MOBO book.

Back