• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4930k Overclock Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK now we can sort out your OC this is what i want you to do!!

Go into the bios and set the MULTI to 42 and what we are trying to do is get this stable first, so we have a stable base to start and go back to as well!!

Next set your RAM SPEED in the correct box that is 2133mhz!!

Next we will set your CPU Voltage @ 1.300v

Next your Ram Voltage 1.65volts in the DRAM VOLTAGE BOX CHA,CHB!!

Then also CHC AND CHD as well both @ 1.65volts in both boxes!!

Then you can click on your DRAM TIMING CONTROL and go into that and set your timings manually!! Its 9-11-11-31-2 these are your timings for that ram!!

View attachment 140206184337.BMP

This is what your looking for in the Bios!! Just fill in the boxes like i have with your numbers!! When finished F10 SAVE AND REBOOT!!

Now do this first then we will do some more after this!!

AJ.

Tell me what was the results are and when you are back here!!! Then we will do the next steps and stages to help you out!!

The next steps are to sort out the DIGI POWER SIDE OF YOUR OC!!

View attachment 140206184630 (1).BMP

View attachment 139969

View attachment 140206184645 (1).BMP

View attachment 139971

View attachment 140206184723.BMP

CPU LLC MY one says Extreme, yours should be set HIGH ONLY!!!

CPU POWER DUTY CONTROL set that to T-PROBE!!

AS for all the other settings in this section you can copy exactly the same as mine for your Bios as well!!

Hopefully this should get you stable @ 42 WHERE we can test this with P95 PRIME!!

Last edited:
ok I complete the first set of steps and re-booted .. Should I prime 95 first or complete second set?

Edit:
I Would like to thank you again for your help. If you want to join me on ts3 im at www.g5gs.com pw: Batman Posting here is fine to whatever is easier for you.

Last edited:
Now do the second set of steps and F10 and SAVE THOSE AS WELL!! I tell you i was nervous sat here waiting for you to come back lol!!!

When you have completed the second set come back to me and give me all your Temps and readings please!! And let me know if its booting properly now as well!!

BEST TO WRITE THIS ALL DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER!!

GO NOW AND SET UP THE BIOS, i will wait here OK!!!

AJ.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Had to go shopping with the wife.

Going to BIOS Now...

You are welcome to join me on my ts3 server if you wish.

I am fine here no problems just set up the bios and let me know the Temps and things, then we can start to test things!!

Come right back to me here!!

OK all settings are EXACT to spec in the photos

except:
CPU Load Line Cont = High
CPU POWER DUTY CONTROL = T-Probe

Starting Prime 95 now....

Just run P95 for 10 mins to 15 mins only as if its no good it will normally shut down within this time frame anyway!!!!

Watch those Temps buddy!!!

AJ.

Funsoul buddy there is 101 things he needs to do, but i think he needs to start and sort out this ram and slots first. Then when we have everything stable and correct then we can slowly oc this set up and help him. But if we jump in the deep end then i feel its going to go seriously wrong!

Steelfire back to you now!!

AJ.
He'll get there :thup:

What i want you to do now is keep slowly lower the CPU VOLTAGE a bit at a time right!!

The whole aim is to get the CPU VOLTAGE down to about 1.200v if we can, that will give you a indication how good is your CPU CHIP IS!!!

So leave all the settings alone do not alter or touch anything, ONLY THE CPU VOLTAGE!!

So try say 1.275v set in the bios in MANUAL not OFF SET or anything else, then just test that with P95 for 10 mins. And see what happens, if it passes then lower the VOLTAGE AGAIN TO 1.250v and test again with P95!!

Once it crashes turn it back up to the previous setting where it passed P95 and that is your VOLTAGE FOR this OC @ 42!!

Then go into the BIOS and go to OVERCLOCKING PROFILES and save all those settings like this.

Save to PROFILE no1. 4.2Mhz and press save, once you have completed that i will start tomorrow your OC for 4.5Mhz!!

As its getting late here in the UK, just take your time, keep watching those Temps, they should come down as you lower the VOLTAGE ON YOUR CPU!

See you later.

AJ.

Still online.. My CPU package wattage spiked to 132.18W is that normal I thought max Wattage was 130.

Any Ideas whats going on with memory?

capture screen

Thank You AJ. Ill Try to get my Voltage down tonight and see you tomorrow :)

We will look at the RAM later as for now CPU-Z is showing correct size and speed @ 2133 Mhz!! Hmmm! So long as its running stable that is what concerns us right now!

Looking at HWMonitor i would say those temps may drop by 10c or more once you find that lower voltage @ 4.2 OC. As for the spike that's fine nothing to worry about you settings are slowly getting closer to mine here!!

These are my settings here with a OC of 4.2 Mhz, you can get really close to this if you follow what i said!!

Snap 2014-02-22 at 20.43.43.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
Still holding strong. I'm going to play some Flightsim / other games tonight see if I get anything bad. Running at 4.2Ghz 1.200V

Temps:
61 Spike
55 Average
Prime 95 for 25 Min

screen grab

windows 7 screen shot

Thank You AJ. I will look forward to your post tomorrow to get to 4.5 ;)

Last edited:
Now you have that stable and working properly i hoped you saved that in the BIOS PROFILES like i told you to!!

The reason is when your not playing games and just looking around the WEB its always best to lower your Vcore. To help your CPU last longer and extend its life, you see these CPU's where built with low Voltages in mind.

So on to 4.5Mhz!!!!

SET THE MULTIPLIER TO 45 ON ALL CORES.

Go into the Bios and set the CPU VOLTAGE TO 1.300V

VTT CPU VOLTAGE TO = 1.15000

2ND VTTCPU VOLTAGE TO = 1.0500

CPU VCCSA VOLTAGE TO = 1.1500

CPU PLL VOLTAGE TO = 1.8000

PCH 1.1V VOLTAGE TO = 1.1000

VTTDDR VOLTAGE ( CHA, CHB ) TO = 0.75000

VTTDDR VOLTAGE ( CHC, CHD ) TO = 0.75000

CPU SPREAD SPECTRUM = DISABLED.

PCI-E SPREAD SPECTRUM = DISABLED.

ALL C-STATES TO = DISABLED.

F10 SAVE AND REBOOT INTO WINDOWS!!

Then come back to me here!!

Good Morning AJ.. I have yet to go to bed so I will likely be turning in soon. I will make the above changes when I get up and report back here.

Sooner or later I would love to know where you learned this so I can do this in the future with other computers and to help other people as well.

IRL I am an engineer just not EE or Computer Science. Industrial Engineer

Edit: Yes I saved the Profile as you said following the posts to the letter.

Excuse my late night attempt at typing the English language :/

Last edited:
Sounds like you enjoy yourself playing games i guess!! If so sounds like the PC was working OK last night.

Yeah i will be here for part 2 later see ya!!

Right when we are finished OCing to 4.5 this is the RAM you really need to go Quad Core set up and benefit from that!

P1000845.JPG

P1000847.JPG

P1000846.JPG

P1000849.JPG

AJ.

Last edited:
Ok I have NOT changed anything yet because I do not know/see the option for:

ALL C-STATES TO = DISABLED.

I'm prollly just blind. Where are these options?

Back