• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am only in the first stages of getting something of some sort together, I have no idea what I'm doing so i am using torins build log as a guide.
most of the stuff I'm going to have to have I don't even know what most of it is called much less where to get it!!!!
but to learn something one must take a journey on ones own and learn to get home by getting truly lost in the woods.

with all those gpus going you wont need the furnace for the rest of the winter. duct all that hot air into the rest of the house.

Yep. The cats will both be in the office when I get home. One of the fans is worn out and making a ton of noise but the cats crave heat more than silence. I have a new fan on order. The other dedicated machine is keeping the basement warm as will this one once fully configured.

patience the_cultie. I am letting don catch up first. then the beat down happens. don is not the target though, panty shot went by me recently and that is about to be reversed.

Almost a year ago and I only just passed pantyshot(www.overclockers.com).

See , now Macaholic is giving me a nudge. Got a little too close and almost passed him up. Thats ok for now but can you maintain for the long haul? I can and maybe i will add a bit more to boot.

Isn't this like the exact same thing I said to you that got me in hot water to start with. How did that work for you? (looking at Mac's 2m ppd)

Last edited:
my cats love my computer area too. not to thrilled with the hair though.
im true to my word with Macaholic. im consistent and have made a bump but that was for your sake not his. remember I still have a 100million point lead on you so lets see where it all plays out in a year from now. a little competition is always good especially when it is for a good cause. ordered my power supply today so it should waiting for me this weekend. im not going to let you catch up you know, just cant do it. wait for the next stage to begin. I have this kick *** computer case that is 5ft tall. what should I fill it with?

not keeping up so well there Don. better get those gpu's folding. laying the ground work for my next step up the food chain. how many gpus do you think I can fit in this?
P9170131.jpg

Reason i asked, is i have an extra Koolance Waterblock for Reference 7970's or Reference 280x's.

Its semi finished. The build is done and running. I need to pick up another Rad as this one doesnt hold up well
after a long run, temps are getting too high for me. But im also going to be getting another case here hopefully in
the next week or so. So everything will be nice and clean, no corners cut kinda stuff. I didnt have the time to do a
full tear down this time around. I posted the pic a few weeks ago, here is the link to it.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...out-of-reach?p=7777167&viewfull=1#post7777167

not keeping up so well there Don. better get those gpu's folding. laying the ground work for my next step up the food chain. how many gpus do you think I can fit in this?

Yep. I had to take down my new folding rig in favor of working on a client's machine. The folding rig will be more permanently assembled in a case and then set up in the basement with the other folding rig. For now, the new rig is in pieces. I won't be doing much on it this weekend as we will be in Chicago this weekend. A little closer to you than normal. :) I'll try to steal some of you chi while I'm spiritually closer to you.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends. A pic of your wallet would help us gauge better. :p

That is funny sir. True but still funny.

Last edited:
I came back from Chi town tonight and found that both of my rigs in the basement were off. The power strip is going bad. I'll need to pick up a new one. What a dumb thing to have go wrong.

P9170131.jpg

At work, when I replied to this originally, I didn't know there was a photo in the response. Now that I can see what you're on about, ...... crud. I should have most of my GPU's folding some time tomorrow.

really, all I want to see is a million ppd avg. 997k and change. maybe yet tonight. short lived it will be but I want to see it. Don why are you not up there. that 2nd rig giving you problems?

I see you are above the 1 million ppd. Congrats! :clap:

I just put the 3rd card in my new rig last night. I think I'm running AMD 14.12 instead of 14.9. My ppd on those cards is low. I've not had time to correct it. If you're gonna stay at the 1 million ppd group I won't be joining you. I will try to get to 900k though.

See you there.

P.S. I'm still having trouble with the power strip that is running all of my basement rigs. I have yet to replace it. I'm also thinking of running a new electric circuit just for Folding. I have the 20 Amp breaker and 12 gauge romex so I should be able to knock that out quickly.

Last edited:
I have my new folding rig up to full speed finally. By downgrading the driver, I'm getting about twice the ppd. This should get me close to 900k ppd. The bad news is that the FAH client tosses all current work and starts over with new WU's for each device. I'll suffer a point loss before we see the gain.

I looked at my server machine and realized that I only have the one PCIE 16x. I was going to install my 560Ti in there but that's not happening now.

*Edit*
HTM.net is showing an estimate of well over 800k ppd. Plus the units I can't monitor will put me very close to 1 million ppd or just under. This is what you have to match or exceed. That's then end of my build-up.

Last edited:
I'm edging you out by just over 2k pp right now. WOOT!

I'll take my victories when I can get them.

I should be getting close to 1 million ppd but I'm only hitting daily highs of just over 900k ppd. I started looking at all of my rigs and found that my server was stock piling completed CPU WU's (about 10 of them) and also not using the 7970 in that machine. I rebooted the machine prior to leaving for work but I won't be able to check in on it until I get home. I think I could hit over 1 million ppd. That's my hope.

If so, that's the bar that I set for you. 1 million ppd. Game on buddy!

:comp:

OK. The bar is officially set. I managed to eek out 1 million ppd. That's all I got. It's all mine. It all resides in my house within my electric bill. There ain't no more.

Again...

If you can match it, you can beat it.

Fold on brotha. I look forward to your response.

Back