• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's oc'ed an ASRock Z87E-ITX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

What's up all!, so I got my mini itx build all completed and LOVE IT! Super super quick and fast, I can't believe how much power this little guy packs!

Anyways, long story short... I can't seem to get much of an OC with my 4670k, my temps are great! Idle 28c, load, 58c...

I can use the boards "preset "TURBO 4.0Ghz" which basically just sets the set speed to 4.0 ghz, and sets cpu cache at 3.8 and leaves everything else at auto.... I can bench all day and no problems. Temps are 62c load at this setting.

Now, if I begin to start simple I can get 4.0 @ 1.275v with auto cpu cache and everything else auto.. (I am also leaving turbo etc enabled) just like I did with my 4770k.. (at least I think I did that... sorry)

Anyways, I am getting boot loops or blue screens if I go any higher,,, I haven't really head to many people going over 1.275 especially with the 4670k... I don't know if I should just start smaller and slowly work my way up, it just seems like I can't find a happy middle to start at to begin benching and then working up from there.

Plenty go over 1.275v. Stay under 1.4v. There should not be a reason that the little board cannot take that thing over 4Ghz that I know of...what was the actual BSOD error?

Back