• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P Water cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Any of you guys cooling your 4p with water? Looking for blocks that will work on a H8QGL-lF+

I looked into water cooling but the CPUs don't get that hot on air and overclocking isn't limited by the CPU temperature.

Purchased a second 4p system. I will need to keep some of that hot air out of the small room these will be in.

Purchased a second 4p system. I will need to keep some of that hot air out of the small room these will be in.

Take a 20 inch box fan and place or the floor in the doorway blowing cool air in the room, keep door open.

Take a 20 inch box fan and place or the floor in the doorway blowing cool air in the room, keep door open.

I am in South Florida, box fan not gonna cut it. It is already really warm in room now with a single 4P system and my reg system running 2 watercooled 7970s.
And it isn't even summer yet. Will be way to hot in there once I add another 4p system. It has to be watercooled. May just water cool both 4p.

Unless the water cooling deposits the heat somewhere outside the room, it won't matter if its water cooled or not. The heat will still be in the room, all be it, moved from the CPU to somewhere else.

I don't think Florida is made for summer folding on a p4. Now if you waltz on up to Canada, we will show the meaning of COLD.

I am in South Florida, box fan not gonna cut it. It is already really warm in room now with a single 4P system and my reg system running 2 watercooled 7970s.
And it isn't even summer yet. Will be way to hot in there once I add another 4p system. It has to be watercooled. May just water cool both 4p.

And I'm in Texas :rofl: and I have 4 PC's in 1 room, the 4P being 1 of them.

Unless the water cooling deposits the heat somewhere outside the room, it won't matter if its water cooled or not. The heat will still be in the room, all be it, moved from the CPU to somewhere else.

I don't think Florida is made for summer folding on a p4. Now if you waltz on up to Canada, we will show the meaning of COLD.

* My Thinking * Watercooled I have 1 Rad and 3 fans instead of 4 HSF blowing hot air into room. I know when you take a cpu on air and switch to water it cuts heat going into room. Same with vid cards.

And I'm in Texas :rofl: and I have 4 PC's in 1 room, the 4P being 1 of them.

So what size room and how do you cool the room? I am in a apt not a house. Room is 8x10 have central air but cannot set to 65 everyday just to cool 1 room. Have a box fan in widow exhausting hot air to outside, fan in hallway blowing cooler air into room.

Well, if you use long hoses and mount the radiator outside a window, that would definitely remove heat from the room.

Well, if you use long hoses and mount the radiator outside a window, that would definitely remove heat from the room.

Not gonna happen, too many snakes and spiders in back of my bldg.

So what size room and how do you cool the room? I am in a apt not a house. Room is 8x10 have central air but cannot set to 65 everyday just to cool 1 room. Have a box fan in widow exhausting hot air to outside, fan in hallway blowing cooler air into room.

House temp set at 75f, room temp 80-83f, with Noctua NH-U9DO A3 on each CPU, core temp when folding don't go over 38c. Oh and I replaced the stock 92mm 1600rpm fans with 92mm 2800rpm fans :)

* My Thinking * Watercooled I have 1 Rad and 3 fans instead of 4 HSF blowing hot air into room. I know when you take a cpu on air and switch to water it cuts heat going into room. Same with vid cards.

Heat is still heat, those boards consume aroiund 550 watts and it doesn't matter if you use water or air, that heat has to go somewhere.

A fan in a window exhausting air will also pull hot air from outside back into the apt. It would be best if you could somehow channel the air from the 4p directly to the window fan so it doesn't have time to heat the room. A rad mounted directly near the window fan would do that nicely.

Check out the DC forum over at [H], Patriot amongst others watercooled his 4p rig, he managed to get his ES chips to 3.4ghz, from 1.9.

I think he used EK blocks but I could be wrong, then you just need a large enough case

Check out the DC forum over at [H], Patriot amongst others watercooled his 4p rig, he managed to get his ES chips to 3.4ghz, from 1.9.

I think he used EK blocks but I could be wrong, then you just need a large enough case

Thanks, also I run open bench setups.

head down to the local wally world and pick up one of those portable AC units, Vent the hot air from it out the window. Put a mesh/grate type something over it so that the arachnids and death without legs can't get in it.

You'll probably save enough on electricity by getting out of the tropics to pay cash for a house up north where folding is fun =)

Back