• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfired problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hi all,

I just installed a 2nd 6970 2gb and try to enable crossfired but the apply button greyed out. Any one know why? do I need to unstall driver and reinstall?

I just tried 13.9 driver still the same.

My XFX Radeon HD 6970 2 gb . it has a switch 1 and 2 can be move to 1 or 2.

The 2nd card I just got XFX Radeon HD 6970 2 gb> don't have that switch. why this card don't have the switch 1 and 2 like mine card above. It is the same card, same model.

I wonder it is have anything to do with crossfired compatibilty.

Sounds like a BIOS switch to me.
Shouldn't change Crossfire at all.

I checked the device and shown both GPU is working properly. I also installed the 2nd ribon and still does the same thing. What F is going on.

6970 crossfired.jpg

I installed base the the manual . 1st slot and 3 slot to get 16 x 16 lanes

here is the GPU said enabled crossfired.

I might be off, but do the discard and apply buttons become selectable if you choose disable AMD crossfire??

I'm thinking that it automatically applied when he clicked enable and its been working the whole time.

Yes it is selectable to disable crossfired, but enable crossfired,, Apply grey out.

I ran Cinebench it is gaining very little. I ran cinebench before the crossfired. Single card, it @107fps . crossfired getting only 112fps. That tell me, 2nd card is hardly loading.

I am not at home at the movement. I guess; I;ll try it and keep trying to getthe damn thing to work.

I am not at home at the movement. I guess; I;ll try it and keep trying to getthe damn thing to work.

GPUz says its working just fine.

If running a game/benchmark puts a load on both GPUs instead of just one then its functioning properly.

Cinebench runs in window so it doesn't use crossfire. You need to run a game in full screen. My crossfire is turned on and my apply button is grayed out because it is already enabled. Try a game. I have a feeling it is on. Don't forget optimizing for 1+1 in 3d app settings for best results. Also use GPU Temp, It will give you the temp and load of both gpus.

Back