• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Wolfenstein game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trailers I watched were misleading in terms of visuals. Coming from BF3 and Metro Last Light maybe I'm spoiled, but I find it hard to look at. Despite that, it still uses obscene and unjustified amounts of Ram, both System and gpu/video RAM.

Catalyst 14.4 helped greatly with the 8 Maxed out CPU cores, it's playable now but still keeps hooking, so annoying.

And no method of forcing AA works. Neither by Commands nor by CCC.

Are you still trying to run at 1280x800?

The lower the resolution the more cpu - bound you are. If you increase your resolution the performance depends more on the gpu and can actually give you better and smoother fps.

Are you still trying to run at 1280x800?

The lower the resolution the more cpu - bound you are. If you increase your resolution the performance depends more on the gpu and can actually give you better and smoother fps.

I'm not currently hooked up to the TV, I'm playing on a screen with a native res of 1280x800. I would never have thought that raising the res reduces CPU demand. I will try it now on the 42" but it's gonna be ugly without AA. it's the lack of AA that really hurts this game.

Also runs my system RAM up near 80%(of 8GB) during play and my gpu memory up 2600mb. BF3 only put me at around 4GB of system memory usage.

That's what I had to do, motherboard1. To make it playable, I just hooked up to the TV (55" 1080P), and it became worlds better! Not perfect, as I still had slow downs in places, but much more playable than 1600x900 on the 20" monitor.

After watching all the trailers I thought the game was going to be graphically intense. I then bought the game and played the intro (plane scene) and it was complete crap. I thought I had everything turned down or was at a lower resolution so, I went to the menu and double checked all my settings. I had all my settings maxed out and resolution at 1080p (triple checked). I was rather disappointed coming from games like crysis3, bf4, last light. I have played through a few more levels but the graphics are not up to par IMHO and I feel a little let down after watching so many trailers leading up to release.

Mild thread necro...

Got Wolfenstein during the Steam sale and already put some time into it. Like it for the most part, a few things kind of irk me though

Like "Oh this guy has been borderline brain dead and wheelchair bound for 14 years, but when he wakes back up he's still built like a tank." Also how when you kill the commanders the alarms simply stop. I'd think it'd be "Kill the commander, silence the alarm yourself" or something.

And dual wielding sniper rifles.

But for the most part it's entertaining.

Mild thread necro...

Got Wolfenstein during the Steam sale and already put some time into it. Like it for the most part, a few things kind of irk me though

Like "Oh this guy has been borderline brain dead and wheelchair bound for 14 years, but when he wakes back up he's still built like a tank." Also how when you kill the commanders the alarms simply stop. I'd think it'd be "Kill the commander, silence the alarm yourself" or something.

And dual wielding sniper rifles.

But for the most part it's entertaining.

Look up TotalBiscuit's videos of it on YouTube. He mentions a bunch of those WTF-this-doesn't-make-any-sense-at-all things :)

I too bought this off Steam on sale and have been enjoying it a lot! Graphics seem fine to me on the system in my sig. It has a lot of the feel of the older Wolf games so like it. Dual wield is fun but so is sneaking around.

I especially like the Easter Egg nightmare where you play Wolf 3D in game!

Back