• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Switch Game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
This might soon be irrelevant since I'll probably end up getting Baldur's Gate 3 instead...

...but I just finished the last of my switch games (Links Awakening). And was wondering what to replace it with.

Should I just get Mario Kart 8 or Animal Crossing?

Or is there something newer like Bayonetta 3?

Since I just finished a Zelda game... I'm not remotely curious about the new Zelda.

I just want to grab another cartridge.

Pikmin 4 just came out to very positive reviews you can see it it interests you

Animal crossing is a long term game played in shorter stints.
i mean sure you change your island to be how you want it to be but to get to that point takes time and a long grind to be able to change anything and everything.

i have it, i play it from time to time but i keep my island pretty stock.

its a casual game with out being a "mobile game"

I forgot. I should probably list the games I already have (and have beaten):

Metroid Prime Dread
Super Mario Galaxy
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Links Awakening
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (haven't beaten it yet)

Yeah Animal Crossing might not be for me then... Maybe I'll look into this Pikman thing...

EDIT: Pikman looks EXTREMELY GOOD for a Switch game... but a little too-cutesy and childish for me I think. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta 3 (didn't that win Game of the Year or something???)

Last edited:
Mario Kart 8 and Switch Sports are more fun if you play with two to four people, less fun solo IMO.

I forgot. I should probably list the games I already have (and have beaten):

Metroid Prime Dread
Super Mario Galaxy
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Links Awakening
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (haven't beaten it yet)

Yeah Animal Crossing might not be for me then... Maybe I'll look into this Pikman thing...

EDIT: Pikman looks EXTREMELY GOOD for a Switch game... but a little too-cutesy and childish for me I think. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta 3 (didn't that win Game of the Year or something???)

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is really good

I'm not aware of Bayonetta 3 winning any GOTY stuff, but I think it reviewed pretty well.

Metroid Dread and Metroid Prime are two different games, I assume you mean just Metroid Dread? Metroid Prime Remastered came out to very positive reviews.

Hades and Dead Cells are both great rogue-lights.

Super Mario 3D World (if you didn't play it on the WiiU) is great as is the pack-in Bowsers Fury. I assume when you said Galaxy you meant Odyssey?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses was good and you can probably find it for fairly cheap.

Octopath Traveler (1 and 2) and Kentucky Route Zero are supposed to be really good as well (I haven't tried them)

Mario Kart 8 and Switch Sports are more fun if you play with two to four people, less fun solo IMO.

Does Switch Sports come with Bowling and Tennis still? I loved those... (I don't need anybody to bowl with me! :D )

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is really good

I'm not aware of Bayonetta 3 winning any GOTY stuff, but I think it reviewed pretty well.

Metroid Dread and Metroid Prime are two different games, I assume you mean just Metroid Dread? Metroid Prime Remastered came out to very positive reviews.

Hades and Dead Cells are both great rogue-lights.

Super Mario 3D World (if you didn't play it on the WiiU) is great as is the pack-in Bowsers Fury. I assume when you said Galaxy you meant Odyssey?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses was good and you can probably find it for fairly cheap.

Octopath Traveler (1 and 2) and Kentucky Route Zero are supposed to be really good as well (I haven't tried them)
Great list! Thanks! I'll check out the reviews and see if any of them tickle my fancy.

(And yeah I meant Metroid Dread and Mario Odyssey.)

Yep switch sports has bowling, tennis, badminton, soccer (kinda), volleyball, sword fighting (can't remember their name for it), and added golf recently.

And has online play and ranking. Overall a solid game and enjoyable to play by yourself or with buddies.

Yep switch sports has bowling, tennis, badminton, soccer (kinda), volleyball, sword fighting (can't remember their name for it), and added golf recently.

And has online play and ranking. Overall a solid game and enjoyable to play by yourself or with buddies.

Great! Then that checks all the boxes. Thanks.

Now all I need is an actual SWITCH... because all I have is a Switch Lite and I can't imagine trying to bowl or play golf on that tiny screen. :D (Very poor taste of them not allowing video out... They could've charged 100 bucks a pop for that little stand and I would've bought one today...)

Great! Then that checks all the boxes. Thanks.

Now all I need is an actual SWITCH... because all I have is a Switch Lite and I can't imagine trying to bowl or play golf on that tiny screen. :D (Very poor taste of them not allowing video out... They could've charged 100 bucks a pop for that little stand and I would've bought one today...)
Oof! Yeah that'd be a problem lol. My boys kept asking for a switch lite and I got them a regular one for the simple reason that I can already dock mine and it let them bounce around to do that and not be locked to handheld only.

Let alone the less repairability of the joycons (which are super prone to drifting) on the lite.

Oof! Yeah that'd be a problem lol. My boys kept asking for a switch lite and I got them a regular one for the simple reason that I can already dock mine and it let them bounce around to do that and not be locked to handheld only.

Let alone the less repairability of the joycons (which are super prone to drifting) on the lite.

Yeahhhh... But I still think that's a dust/static electricity thing. I've kept my lite in a case sense the day I got it... Never had any trouble with drifting. That was three years ago.

I think the regular switch joycons are actually more prone to drifting because they spend much more time out in the open.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES! Meanwhile I just installed Witcher 3 on my PS5.

I was halfway through the game BUT... the Playstation uses different saves for disc vs digital. So I had borrowed my friend's version first but then I bought the digital version and couldn't use my savegame. THE JOY!

Back