• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Radeon Sapphire 5870's VS ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TransformedBG

Im looking to do some upgrading... on thing at a time... Im thinking about upgrading my video cards cause i just feel like i have some lag in my games.

My gaming varies based on mood. I play a lot of wow, dota, but then when i want to vent i get in to bf4, COD etc. Frame rates vary from time to time, and i want to be able to handle better graphic settings..

Just looking for some advice on what to upgrade too. Ive been thinking about 280x R9's but just not sure if its worth the money. All the cards i thought about getting sky rocketed in price cause of bitcoin mining and this drives me insane.. I am also looking for something that is more voltage friendly.

Any advice?

Lag is from the network. Are you seeing low FPS I assume?

What do you mean 'more voltage friendly'? You want to be able to adjust it?

The mining inflated prices have gone down quite a bit really. I mean MSRP on a R9 290 is $399.. here is an aftermarket one for $430... seems spot on to me.

That said, why are you so set on multiple GPUs for, presumably, a single 1080p monitor? Get a single card and ditch the potential hassle. I would say an R9 290 or a GTX 780 is plenty at that res.

What is your budget for this upgrade?

Lag is from the network. Are you seeing low FPS I assume?
yes a little

What do you mean 'more voltage friendly'? You want to be able to adjust it?
best performance without using 500w of power

That said, why are you so set on multiple GPUs for, presumably, a single 1080p monitor? Get a single card and ditch the potential hassle. I would say an R9 290 or a GTX 780 is plenty at that res.

What is your budget for this upgrade?

im thinking 400

Back