• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Happy Thanksgiving T32. (That's you. I'm wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I only truly know the holidays in the US so I openly wish you the best on those days. However, I would encourage you to wish happy holidays from other nations/cultures throughout the year.

Today in the US, is Thanksgiving. A time to gather with family to have familiar arguments eat and drink large quantities and watch American football. (Go Cowboys! and Lions!)

Stay away from politics even if it's just for the day and talk about hobbies (like folding @ home), projects like fixing a sink or building a shed. Talk about something that made you happy and share that with the people who have to love you 'cause they want to know that you're doing fun things.

But more important. Yes more important than being happy is being alive and safe. This is a well known "drinking" holiday so don't drink and drive. You can drink and ride but don't piss off your driver (spouse/sibling/parent). Most important is that we enjoy the holiday and return to life after. To be clear, cops don't get drinking holidays off. They have to look for drunk drivers.

Finally, I'll be looking at Black Friday deals to see what I'm upgrading next. For those outside of the US, the Friday after Thanksgiving is the kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. I know that some shops have had Black Friday early kickoffs like Black October or Black Friday week or whatever but tomorrow will give us an idea of how the retail market is doing. If retailers are doing well, fewer deals to be had. If they have inventory they need to get rid of, lots of deals. Keep in mind that stores pay tax (In Michigan at least) on any unsold product left in the stores into the new year so they try to sell out.

So spend time with loved ones other than myself, eat until you can't eat no more, drink your fill, watch a game or two, take a nap, and plan on leftovers for the next few days. With all that, and with great fanfare, FOLD ON! WOOT! WOOT!

Back