• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time to OC my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gungrave

hi guys, i have never ever OC a cpu in my life and now i want to OC my intel i5 750 2.6GHz up to around 3.6GHz.I was wondering if anyone else has has done a similar overclock on this chip and could guide me through it?

here are pics from cpuz

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    116 KB · Views: 201
  • memory.png
    memory.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 196
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 176
Those screenshots are not helpful. Take a screenshot, go into Paint, cut out ONLY the CPU-z/GPU-z, etc etc window, shrink the frame and paste. Upload those instead.

What motherboard, RAM, case, and CPU HSF do you have?

aha ! sry about that i was a little bit tired here are some new pics
and also my info is in the signature ..... my pc case is an old generation gigabyte chassis ... and my cpu idont remember its name but it is very smiler to this one Zalman LED Aluminum/Copper CPU Cooling Fan CNPS9700

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-LED-Al...ie=UTF8&qid=1400403101&sr=8-4&keywords=zalman

specs:
CPU intel i5 750 2.6Ghz
GPU amd 7850 2gb
RAM 12 GB ( vengance 8 gb + 4gb of other type of ram forgot its name :) )
motherboard gigabyte p55-ud4p
PSU extreme power plus 700WATT

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 64
  • memory.png
    memory.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 64
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 64
  • board.png
    board.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
First two things I would do is get 2 identical sticks of RAM. Either 2x8 or 2x4. Doesn't matter. Buy them as a matched set. Running 2 mismatched RAM sticks results in running in single channel mode. You don't want that. Also, I would get a more reputable power supply. If you're going to be pulling extra power, I don't trust the "thing" you have powering your system right now. Get a decent quality Corsair or Seasonic unit. You can get a gold rated Seasonic for under $100. Even a Corsair CX500 will suffice, but it is will be a bit inferior and not as efficient at the wall.

ok! about the ram i can assure u that bot rams are running in dual channel coz ive test with multiple programs and all showed total ram running are 12 gb spontaneous
about the power supply the thing is from where i live they literally dont understand anything about pc parts, infact my whoe pc i bought through amazon part by part like 3 years ago and shipped it to me and it cost more but am still happy with it so right ow any upgrade to my pc is kinda out of question but STILL AM VERY THANKFUL to UR ADVICE and also if u can guide me to OC the current specs to what u can see fit in my case !!!

Back