• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No monitor signal & all keyboard lights on after new CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fgf80

I recently replaced the CPU in my computer with an FX-8350 Black. Previously, it used a Phenom II 1090T.

Based on the sounds made by the computer, it is passing POST, but the monitor goes to sleep after saying "No Signal" for several seconds, and the keyboard has Num, Caps, and Scroll Lock indicator LEDs turned on.

No error lights on the motherboard itself are on, and the new CPU has the same power consumption rating as the old one.

The old CPU was replaced because it is not functional, so unfortunately I cannot do elimination testing with it.

The BIOS should be compatible with both--it was designed for the FX series, and past use shows it works with the Phenom II series.

I have just tried clearing the CMOS, and it was not effective in fixing the problem, although the hard drive did spin up more times than before, so it may have made some progress.

Back