• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

25-27mm Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironman129

Anyone know of a decent 120.2 rad that is no more than 27mm thick? having a bit of trouble fitting the radiator in to my case! :mad:

The HWLabs Black Ice Alpha Pro II is 28.6mm thick.
That's the thinnest I can find. I'm pretty sure they're discontinued though.

HWLabs makes some other sub-30mm radiators though. I don't know of anyone else that makes one thinner than 30mm.

I have a corsair spec-01. My thought was to stick a 120.2 on the inside of the top of the case and mount the fans on the outside. I had to mod the case to get the swiftech MCR220 in there. Now that I did that I was putting everything together, and the just barely hit the tabs on the RAM slots. :bang head The Coarsair 100i is 25mm. It just feels like a step back going from a custom loop to an AIO,

I've thought about that. I'll have to cut holes in the top for the tubes and probably put a grommet in there to make sure the aluminum doesn't damage the tubes. Then I'm pushing the air through the rad as an exhaust out the top rather than pulling. I assume that's not a big deal? Any idea of a good way to cut the holes in the case? I assume a drill bit isn't going to do it.

Argh, most cases have grommets in the back up at the top, but yours doesn't....

Yeah, you would want to drill a pilot hole with a normal drill bit then use a step drill bit.
Definitely want some sort of grommet to keep the tubes from hitting bare metal.

The difference in air flow direction is minimal, don't worry about that for now.

I have a corsair spec-01. My thought was to stick a 120.2 on the inside of the top of the case and mount the fans on the outside. I had to mod the case to get the swiftech MCR220 in there. Now that I did that I was putting everything together, and the just barely hit the tabs on the RAM slots. :bang head The Coarsair 100i is 25mm. It just feels like a step back going from a custom loop to an AIO,

Running a Corsair 300r carbide, I had the same thing.

The good thing is I was able to put the rad in and then push up on the rad against the screen and gain the needed clearance. You canot tell it got some love and it looks bone stock.

You can get an easy 5mm of clearance that way.

You can make this work one way or the other, if you choose other, let us know and we can throw more ideas.

Back