• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghetto Shield using Steam In-Home Streaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sonefiler

Hey guys,

This is my first post here because I cannot find a large modding community in other forums. This is my first personal project so bear with me and my ignorance.

I was planning on using something like a Raspberry Pi, an Xbix controller and a small screen to make a "Steam Shield", so to speak.

The board itself will NOT be a raspberry pi, because the processor is arm based and I want to run Windows 7 for Xbox 360 remote support. I will probably get an Intel Atom based board.

The screen. I want it to be phablet size, so 5"-7" size. Preferably touchscreen, preferably powered by USB, preferably low power, preferably at least 720p. Probably not all at once.

I would use an Xbox 360 remote because it is my favorite, and support for it in windows.

Now, the problem is the battery. The atom board I'm looking at is only 5W, but it needs to power a screen too, and needs to be rechargeable.

That's where you guys kick in. I wanted the USB screen so I wouldn't need extra cables going to the screen portion if possible. Where would I get a rechargeable battery to power this thing for constant use for at least 6 hours? If that's not possible, could I power it with plain old AA batteries somehow? And this part is TOTALLY UNNESSECARY but if possible is there a way to make the Xbix rite also charged by the battery pack?

I would appreciate all the help! Thanks!

Back