• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8.1 & Win 7 home groups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conners

Dang man how in the heck do you get the two to communicate properly? Reminds me of XP to Win 7 problems... Done all the supposedly permissions things... Frustrated :bang head

leave home group from each one, reboot. create it on one, reboot the others, click connect to homegroup. should be fine.

I find the libraries annoying, so I'd just enter in the login information from each computer to access whatever you want to share and share the folders IE downloads via enabling advanced sharing and sharing the folder on the sharing tab. you can google that. Otherwise, what's the actual problem you're having?

leave home group from each one, reboot. create it on one, reboot the others, click connect to homegroup. should be fine.

I find the libraries annoying, so I'd just enter in the login information from each computer to access whatever you want to share and share the folders IE downloads via enabling advanced sharing and sharing the folder on the sharing tab. you can google that. Otherwise, what's the actual problem you're having?

Well seems I've done all of the I think. the Win 7 sees Win 8 but not visa versa.

Werll seems I've done all of the I think. the Win 7 sees Win 8 but not visa versa.

Tell me more about the login info from each puter....

remove all from home group, set the network and sharing as requiring login and password, then on each computer when it tries to browse the other ones via network, it'll ask for login and password (type in the login and password for the admin on that computer) and you should see all that is shared.

Did you say your windows 8 computers were not seeing the windows 7 computers? are you sure they're in the same workgroup?

it's best to set one, and just have it remember credentials, you can create a dummy account on each if you wanted to to make it simple.

Back