• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP35X and DDC 3.2 in same loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They seem to be the same pumps except for the tops. Any foreseeable issues?

You should be good if you're using the same dual pump top imo, assuming the 3.2 is also PWM and both are on the same split PWM cable.

I'm just glad I switched from a Lil Devil case to Case Labs. Unlike the flimsy all aluminum Lil Devil, there is some substance to the Case Labs motherboard mounting system. All RAM slots work and all PCIE slots run at PCIE 3.0 at rated speed for the slot.

I can't do a dual pump setup from the res. I can do a single pump from the res to the GPU's and another pump in the loop elsewhere.

I want to get this nightmare finished this weekend. I may just change the 2.2 pump on the Photon to an MCP35X and add another MCP35X after the GPU's and before the 2 x 480's. I have a pump top. It's going to take a day just to do the wiring. :) I'm dying to play some games at 4K. You dang sure cant't do it on an HP Elitebook 840 G1. :) There is nothing "Elite" about this I5 notebook.

I'm just glad I switched from a Lil Devil case to Case Labs. Unlike the flimsy all aluminum Lil Devil, there is some substance to the Case Labs motherboard mounting system. All RAM slots work and all PCIE slots run at PCIE 3.0 at rated speed for the slot.

Glad to hear you're happy with your Caselabs. I remember at first you were skeptical about the quality and especially the big price range. Well, you're living proof that it was the right investment.

I guess you can say that it was a short the Lil Devil was causing after all this time and after many RMAs. What a pain in the wazoo that must have been. You're a patient person, what can I say. :salute:

I can't do a dual pump setup from the res. I can do a single pump from the res to the GPU's and another pump in the loop elsewhere.

I want to get this nightmare finished this weekend. I may just change the 2.2 pump on the Photon to an MCP35X and add another MCP35X after the GPU's and before the 2 x 480's. I have a pump top. It's going to take a day just to do the wiring. :) I'm dying to play some games at 4K. You dang sure cant't do it on an HP Elitebook 840 G1. :) There is nothing "Elite" about this I5 notebook.

Oh I see. Well, if it looks restrictive go with the MCP-35xs or even with the newly released and cheaper MCP50X that has a bit more head pressure.

It shouldn't be a problem at all, a single pump in a closed loop "force feeds" itself anyways.
My twins with the Swifty dual pump top have gotten along for over two years with no issue, Though modded to be near the same rpm and flow, they aren't truly matched.
Besides, since the pumps aren't self-priming with the impellers closely sealed to the volute, they can't really "hammer" against each other.
No worries!

as long as you dont put a piezo/nanopump and an Iwaki RD-30 in the same loop there should be no problems :)
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/04/26/pump-setup-series-vs-parallel/

Then again, a pair of Iwaki's in series would kinda "fit " a monster build :)

Two Iwaki's would blow out the tubing. :) I let both loops run 24+ hours not counting the CPU only loop that previously ran 13+ hours leak testing and not a drop. I put two MCP35X's in. It was four screws to replace a 3.2. I'm not normally this careful, but I have way too much money in this sucker. It was almost impossible to get the Malestrom fill port cap unscrewed. Normally a quarter does it. I had to break out the needle nose just so I could drop a kill coil in. The Photon's are a pain in the butt to fill too. You have to have the case tilted and a squeeze bottle. Forget a funnel.

I run an mcp 355 with a mcp350 in my loop (currently on air). I have it up and running that way for over 1 year. One pump is connected to a tube res the other has a top. You should be good.

Back