• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell me about Nvidia G-Sync

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I'll be upgrading my display from a 1080P IPS in about 8 months. I'd like to get a monitor with G-sync (unless that's limited to TN panels, as I hate TN panels).

Are there IPS/PLS etc panels with G-sync? Obviously these panels are limited to 60Hz (or so I believe) but can I still get G-sync?

What models would you guys suggest I look at? Including non G-sync monitors? Will be for gaming at 1440P. Single monitor only.

If I was buying and for GSync, my choice would be the ASUS RoG Swift, but... at $800 it can be a bit pricey. That $800 does get you a 27" 2560x1440 quality TN panel running 144Hz and G-Sync.

However, if you wish to save da monies, just grab a G-Sync enabled ASUS VG248QE if you can find one with G-Sync.

Otherwise, just grab an overclocking PLS or IPS (such as an Overlord Tempest) and push it to 100Hz or 120Hz.

Back