• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc starts but wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hozhoz

Registered
hello,i decided to cable manage my pc so i took off all cables except the cpu one,and i managed the cables and then started the pc but it starts and doesnt boot,i cleared the cmos by changing the jumpers place,nothing happened,i tried using 1 ram stick and still nothing plz help me thank you.

Did you make sure you put all of the cables back? Try re-seating all of the cables to make sure they are making good contact.

yes i reseated the 24 pin cable a thousand times and didnt even take off the cpu cable,and reseated the cmos battery still nothing,tried another psu,still nothing and my dvd drive when i connect it to the mobo by sata connecter it flashes green light and wont open when i remove the sata connecor and keep on the power it works

20141014_033846.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sorry they arent clear and some exceeds 2 mb so i cant upload

All I can see in those pics is a SATA connector, the CMOS battery and possibly the front panel connectors.

How about listing your system specs, that may help narrow down some things.

Motherboard: 970a-g46
cpu:fx-6300
gpu:amd hd 7850 2gb gddr5
Memory: 6gb 1333mhz ram
psu: coolermaster extreme 2 525w

So before disconnecting the cables to clean things up, the computer was powering on, booting into the OS, and everything was working fine?

Make sure the video card is securely seated and (if it needs them) the 12v power connector(s) from the PSU are plugged in. Double check to make sure the RAM is all completely seated.

Make sure the video card is securely seated and (if it needs them) the 12v power connector(s) from the PSU are plugged in. Double check to make sure the RAM is all completely seated.
all seated

The display is connected to the GPU and not the MOBO correct? Have you tried removing the GPU and using onboard graphics?

Back