• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gsantana

Registered
does using an ssd like the Samsung evo improve load times in games like battlefield 4.
i need to buy more storage soon for my desktop and wanted to ask because i have searched online
and some people are saying that it does not improve loading such as maps and other ingame features.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3W15P0/?tag=bestssds-20

if not i will buy a Seagate barracuda 4T hdd

I'm not sure why it wouldn't improve load times. I notice significant load time shedding between HDD and SSD. Not to mention the all around snappier feel of windows.

in BF4...compared to a HDD? It sure as heck does improve load times...

Now, with the new 'ready' system that doesn't matter as much, but, I would still get an SSD.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't improve load times. I notice significant load time shedding between HDD and SSD. Not to mention the all around snappier feel of windows.

idk i said the something people recommend it for load times then other tell me no but since you say it does hopefully it will ill probably get the 500gb samsung evo thnx

- - - Updated - - -

in BF4...compared to a HDD? It sure as heck does improve load times...

Now, with the new 'ready' system that doesn't matter as much, but, I would still get an SSD.

ok i will

Back