• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or new rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Agreed. Although I have lost one Noctua fan. The same 140mm thats on the D14. Use them as case fans. One has gone into an uncontrollable vibration that can not be rectified after a mere 3 years of 24/7 service :(.

I would contact Noctua, that's not normal at all.
Their heatsinks (and of course the fans with them) have a six year warranty. Same for just the fans.

Their support is very good, and very easy to work with.
I contacted them once for a mounting kit for an old heatsink.

I would contact Noctua, that's not normal at all.
Their heatsinks (and of course the fans with them) have a six year warranty. Same for just the fans.

Their support is very good, and very easy to work with.
I contacted them once for a mounting kit for an old heatsink.
That's good to know actually, thanks!

Yeah hey, ya never know eh OCnoob?
They might give you a new fan :thup:

That's good to know actually, thanks!

Yeah hey, ya never know eh OCnoob?
They might give you a new fan :thup:

I would be surprised if they didn't give him one, honestly.
They gave me the mounting kit for free, and I didn't even have proof of purchase.

I would be surprised if they didn't give him one, honestly.
They gave me the mounting kit for free, and I didn't even have proof of purchase.

Wow, that's something you don't hear customer service doing everyday! :cool:
Sweet!

Cooler arrived today :)
No pics yet as I‘m mobile, and there‘s no power at home right now :-/

And no TIM that comes with the cooler :(
Damn.... AS5 then?

Hope the power comes back on soon, at least you don't need more than a light to get that installed :p

AS5 will work just fine.

I'll have to pick some more up today then. I only have enough for one more mount.

No instructions on the mounting bracket, but I think I have it figured out.
No I just gotta install it :p

And the power came back on at 2AM.......
We lost power at 5:30pm yesterday :-/

Well that was a bit of an outage....

If you're picking up new TIM then grab something that doesn't have a huge cure time like AS5

Well that was a bit of an outage....

If you're picking up new TIM then grab something that doesn't have a huge cure time like AS5

I picked up some MX-4.
It was that or MX-2..... I had no idea and the best is only like 3*C cooler anyway :p

So I got it installed on my i5 2300 as a test to see how I should have it mounted.
I think it's good the way it is now :)

IMG482.jpg

Did I mention my hard drives are louder than this Noctua? :shock:
And it's amazing - hottest core when folding is 41*C!
It used to be 68*C+ :thup:

I love this thing!
Those fans aren't all that ugly actually, I might buy one of those blue LED sickleflows for the "intake" fan for some lighting since I removed the other Corsair AF120 I had cooling the HDD's. (It didn't do much anyway)

Last edited:
See what I meant by silent? ;)

Why not get a PWM fan for the intake, then you can vary it as needed with software :)

Glad you're (very) happy with the cooler!

See what I meant by silent? ;)

Why not get a PWM fan for the intake, then you can vary it as needed with software :)

Glad you're (very) happy with the cooler!

I dunno - Speedfan messed with the fan in the centre of the cooler. It was only spinning at 700 RPM, so I hibernated and rebooted without speedfan and it's now up to speed ~1100 RPM...

The sickleflow I am eyeing is only 19 DBA which is somehow lower than the stock fans Noctua ships with. :shrug:

Speedfan is sorely out of date. Check Gigabyte's page for your motherboard and grab their software.

I can tell you, that Sickleflow is nowhere near as quiet as the Noctua fans.
There are a lot of fan companies that like to fudge their numbers.

Speedfan is sorely out of date. Check Gigabyte's page for your motherboard and grab their software.

I can tell you, that Sickleflow is nowhere near as quiet as the Noctua fans.
There are a lot of fan companies that like to fudge their numbers.

Perhaps I'll stick some LEDs in my case for lighting then eh?
Those fans aren't that bad, I mean I've been sitting here beside them looking at them for a few hours already :p

Back