• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4th/5th generation motherboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veimiK

Registered
Heyho fellows.

I'm planning to buy new motherboard and a new CPU. I feel like taking i5-4690K, but that's for the other thing. I need a new motherboard for that. So here's my question: Do you have any motherboards to offer, or some reviews of motherboards for 4th/5th gen? (I believe they are going to have the same socket.)

@edit
Some comprehesions, maybe? D:

Last edited:
Z97 is the chipset for now. Z107 will be in couple of months but there is no official specification so hard to say what we can expect. Here are Overclockers motherboard reviews -> http://www.overclockers.com/reviews/motherboards

To get advice you have to tell us for what do you need that motherboard and general system specification etc.
For overclocking best are ASRock Z97 OCF, Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force or something from ASUS ROG series. For gaming nearly everything is fine.

Z97 is the chipset for now. Z107 will be in couple of months but there is no official specification so hard to say what we can expect. Here are Overclockers motherboard reviews -> http://www.overclockers.com/reviews/motherboards

To get advice you have to tell us for what do you need that motherboard and general system specification etc.
For overclocking best are ASRock Z97 OCF, Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force or something from ASUS ROG series. For gaming nearly everything is fine.

Thanks for that!

System specifications are in my signature, the only thing I'm going to change is motherboard and CPU. I'm going to play games most of the time, I might tweak it in order to get some fps up.

Why? Why is it better than, for example, MSI Z97 GAMING 7 or Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H?

Because it does everything you need, probably more than you'll need, and it's cheaper than either of those you listed.

Back