• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aTotallynewGuy

Registered
So will there be SLI support in Far Cry 4? They had it in Far Cry 2 but for some reason said "f*ck it" and left it out in the more graphicly demanding Far Cry 3 :screwy: ... I have found little else but speculations on the matter and wonder if theres someone who knows more or has heard something.

That's odd since I didn't have any issue with SLI in FC3. Either way you'll have to wait till the game is released typically before you find any driver support. Sometimes it just takes the right driver even if SLI support isn't "official"

That's odd since I didn't have any issue with SLI in FC3. Either way you'll have to wait till the game is released typically before you find any driver support. Sometimes it just takes the right driver even if SLI support isn't "official"

Well at the time fc3 was out i played with only one card. I can't see the game in their list of sli compatible games tho. maybe it had support anyway. i just think it would be crazy if they release a game that has a heavy emphasis on good graphics with no sli support. its like a candy without sugar

Bad news. No SLI. I knew it... Such a waste of money for all the SLI users. Nvidia clearly don't care about us with two or more cards. fb79f3f1ce09912ca45782ab4970834c.jpg

And yes. I have set the game up to use both of my 780's in the nvidia control panel. This is horrible from a game released 2014.

I don't know if it's nvidia or game designers fault. So far they released game which isn't properly tested. Many users are complaining about problems with textures etc. The same, new Assassin's Creed is bugged and without latest drivers is hard to play ... still they prepared game before nvidia made these drivers. All looks like game producers are using us as beta testers. They had to see issues before releasing games but they still prepared and released final version of these games without fixing all problems ( again ).

On the other hand I can't see Farcry as game worth to upgrade PC. I didn't like any part. Except graphics it has nothing interesting for me but maybe someone finds it good.

If it lacks a coat of polish I doubt that's NVIDIA's fault. Sometimes you can blame the publisher for putting the rush on something, but that's also Ubi. It would appear that they're just dead set on a new AC/FC game releasing every year but just couldn't quite fill that order in time this go around. Given the feedback they've gotten since release though I can't imagine they'd just leave these issues be without some prompt attempt at patching up problems.

So how is it as far as gameplay mechanics? I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, so if it's more of that without too many problems I'll probably give it a go. I'm a Piranha Bytes fan so I've dealt with worse.

It doesn't run well at all. Not quite as bad as that awful excuse of a port AC: Unity. The gaming community could of done a better port job than Ubi and wouldn't of tried to sell a busted game to the masses. Another reason to not purchase Ubi games unless it's known to be fixed & on a major Steam Holiday sale.

It doesn't run well at all. Not quite as bad as that awful excuse of a port AC: Unity. The gaming community could of done a better port job than Ubi and wouldn't of tried to sell a busted game to the masses. Another reason to not purchase Ubi games unless it's known to be fixed & on a major Steam Holiday sale.

I would say it's just good practice in general to only buy something once you know it's worth your money. It gets said far too often and practiced far too rarely, but we can go a long way as consumers to deter the release of inferior products from developers big and small just by avoiding blind preorders and waiting for honest informative reviews before pulling the trigger. Publishers will quit selling unfinished games when people quit buying them.

Back