• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Shows GeForce GTX 980 WaterForce 3-way SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Gigabyte announced the GeForce GTX 980 WaterForce Tri-SLI (model: GV-N980X3WA-4GD), arguably the highest pixel-crunching power that ever came out of a single box. This contraption is a trio of GeForce GTX 980 graphics cards, with a factory-fitted liquid cooling loop, which sits outside your case. Each of the three cards features a factory-overclocked GTX 980 chip featuring 1228 MHz core, 1329 MHz GPU Boost, and 7.00 GHz memory; with a liquid-cooling pump-block over the GPU, and a base-plate that conveys heat from the memory and VRM to that block, using heat-pipes.

Coolant tubes from the three cards meet at the external unit, that has an independent 120 x 120 mm radiator for each of the three cards. Fan-speeds and coolant pressure of each of the three loops can be controlled at the unit's front-panel, which features an LCD display with coolant temperature and fan-speed readouts. Also part of the kit, are a custom 3-way SLI bridge, a reinforcement beam that counteracts PCB bending, a 5.25-inch front-panel bezel, from which the coolant tubes make their way out of the case, and to the external unit, and some tubing managment grommets. Gigabyte didn't announce pricing or availability.

-TechPowerUp

Source

31a.jpg

31b.jpg

31c.jpg

31d.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that on Gigabyte website yesterday but didn't really check what is inside the set. It looks weird, like badly designed product ( regardless how it's performing ). Idea seem nice but all this "plastic-fantastic" wouldn't convince me to pay for something like that over 3 separate cards and 3rd party water cooling.

I think its nice to see companies doing different things but I will say I am not a fan of those slim rad cooling off a single GPU but that's just me. If they added say a Monsta 360 or 480 than maybe, just maybe. lol

Remember, that's only a 160W GPU.
You don't need 2.120 per card for these.

Who ever gets to review that product is the luckiest man alive.

Remember, that's only a 160W GPU.
You don't need 2.120 per card for these.

I am very aware of that but my motto is if you're going into H20, grab some really good delta temps for silent operations. If not, stay on air. No point in the added cost if the user doesn't see it that way.

I'd say on a little thicker 120.1 would dissipate 100w worth so you're over 60w with that setup on average. Don't even know the FPI on those rads either.

That looks like you're cooling a GPU on a H50, for example.

A slim 120mm can easily dissipate 100W of heat at reasonable sound levels.
The point here is not to get super low temps, it's to get good temps. These will probably run all three cards around 60C at full load. That's nearly impossible in Tri-SLI on air.

Back