• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming - BIOS issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wokie

Dear all,

Hope you can help me here. I have recently downloaded latest BIOS F3 from Gigabyte website and tried to update my card (GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming). Well the result was that I had a black screen. I know, "Don't fix it if it works" but well...it happened. So I have tried to download GV-N1070XTREME-8GD/F2/0404 from techpowerup web site which partially fixed the issue. First time when I power on my computer I get black screen again, but if I reboot my computer then it loads normally. The problem is that from time to time some application crashes now and the performance is not same like it used to be. And also rebooting computer anytime when I want to start it is quite annoying. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? Some further details: Of course I already tried to uninstall nvidia drivers, applications and then I made a clean installation. I have tried to re-flash the BIOS again but that also didn't help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Tomas

Wish I could but Gigabyte does not offer stock BIOS to be downloaded from their website.

Did you send Gigabyte support with a request for the BIOS? LINK: https://esupport.gigabyte.com/Login/Index?ReturnUrl=/

Yes, I raised a ticket with them but I am afraid that they hired some monkeys as support. At least based on their answers.

Example:
me: "Can you let me know which BIOS version is compatible with my gpu?"
Gigabyte: "You can find it on our website"
me: "So it's F3 that is highlighted here (url)?"
Gigabyte: "No, F3 is not compatible with this card"
me: "Can you send me url link where I can download correct BIOS then?"
Gigabyte: "You can find all available BIOS in download section"
me: "But there is only F3 available"
Gigabyte: "F3 is not BIOS for your gpu."
me: "Ok, so can you tell me either BIOS version or send me url link where I can download BIOS for my gpu?"
Gigabyte: "You can find it on our website"

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Oops.. apologies. I didn't read that thoroughly...

I would, as Wingman said, RMA..

Yes, I am afraid that's the only way how to solve it. Thank you

I'm not too familiar with Gigabytes extreme engine software but can't it locate a BIOS for you?

Back