• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on how where to put things in my Samsung 840 EVO + two OCG Agilty 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvanderw

Hi!

I have two OCG agility 3 and a Samsung EVO 840 on a ASUS Z97-P.

There is a certain game (skyrim modded) that alone uses atleast 8gb of pagefile at any time. This can cause long loading screens and a certain kind of stuttering when load from page file. Which setup would be better for skyrim and why?
1. 2 OCG Agility 3 in raid_0
2. Samsung 840 EVO.

Should I force the page file to be on the same SSD as skyrim for optimal results or just let windows handle it? Should I have windows on the same SSD as Skyrim as I currently do on the raid_0 for optimal results?

Note: One problem I had when googling is that I can't find any benchmarks for OCG agility 3 on new chipsets, which may perform better than then they currently are with the X58 marvel controllers I currently have.

Thanks!

How much RAM does your system have? If you are hitting page file you could use more memory.

Ultimately I would think the raid0 may be faster, but it probably won't be noticeable.

How much RAM does your system have? If you are hitting page file you could use more memory.

Ultimately I would think the raid0 may be faster, but it probably won't be noticeable.

In my prior build with a X58 I had only 6 gb, with my new Z97 build I have an 8 gb stick, planning to buy 24 gb more thanksgiving weekend.

Back