• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB running on PCIE 3 x2 instead x4!? Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

INeedHelp123

Hello yall, so i manage to save money to get myself a nice speedy Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB today. But the problem is my 970 EVO Plus is running on PCIE 3 x2 instead 4 report by Samsung Magician and CrystalDiskinfo! Speed read and write are in 1700ish MB/s. Anyone knows how to fix this?! I have the 970 EVO Plus install in M2_1 slot underneath cpu. And according to the manual, that slot is for pcie 3 x4 nvme drive.
Windows 10
ASUS ROG Strix X470-F
Ryzen 7 3700x
RX 590
4 sata 3 drives and 1 cd/dvd sata. Total is 5 sata devices.
Online manual here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E14093_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf
Bios manual here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...14020_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_BIOS_EM_WEB.pdf
firefox_8qTsjLaI6q.png

Is there an option in the BIOS to force that slot to run at x4?

According to your manual, it doesn't look like anything affects that slot as far as bandwidth goes... so... that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

I'll only throw this out there because I was dumb enough to do this myself but in Diskinfo did you make sure you are reading the right drive? I thought I had the same problem until I realized I was showing the info for my second drive which was slower. Once I chose the right drive everything was showing properly. :bang head

One idea, try removing the SSD, resetting the CMOS, then replacing the SSD.

Also try removing some of the SATA drives. I've had boards that will pull PCIe lanes from the NVMe slots if you "overload" the SATA ports. A long shot since the manual only talks about reallocating lanes from the second NVMe slot, but worth trying.

Back