• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini PC build help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leurk

I'm thinking about building my girlfriend a pc. Mainly using it for photoshop, but I also want it to be as cheap as possible because not everyone is made of money ;)
I'm talking stuff like 500gb. If it helps she likes using photoshop so something along running that program or maybe even video editing but she's never tried that. Thanks in advance :thup:

If you get a GPU get a GTX 750 Ti or higher, otherwise don't bother. THe iGPU in that CPU will be as powerful as the GPU you have selected so scrap the GPU for now. Add a GPU later if she wants to do more intensive work or play some games.

You might want to look at a case with better airflow like a Corsair 200R. And maybe at least a 500W PSU. Just for future proofing.

I think something along these lines is good enough. Thanks for the case suggestion and yea that's what I was thinking about the GPU as well.

You can use data migration software to clone your OS install to your SSD so you don't have to start from scratch, as long as the contents of your HDD do not out-capacity the capacity of the SSD.

Back