• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fittings : 90s v 45s v 60s v 30s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

So, if I am reading the big e-retailers return policies correct, it seems anything water cooling is non-returnable. So, I am going to have to buy fittings based on a guess of how it will fit. Anyone have a template or advice on how to know what fitting will work best? Like, do I get a protractor out and measure lol?

I was just going to buy two of each Bitspower compression fitting, thinking I can verify which angle will be best at each connection point, and then I could probably just sell the rest @80% retail price here or on ebay etc. But, I was also thinking, I could just buy all 45s and straights, because I know where I will use angles and where I will use straights, and that those 45s would probably be close enough. May not be perfect like I could make it (by perfect I mean perfectly straight) with 30s or 60s, but I am using flex tubing so maybe it isn't as relevant as w/ rigid tubing.

Also, after reading reviews, it seems Bitspower is worth the money. I know the XSPC has some lower profile stuff, but especially because we are talking expensive equipment, is there good reason to use cheaper fittings (I mean, are some of the cheaper ones equally as good)? Most builds here seem to grab the Bitspower stuff, or even the EK stuff. I guess I do not like the EK angle stuff though because it is multiple pieces and I would prefer to stick with as few connections as possible. In fact, kind of mad I can't find fixed fittings from Bitspower. Seems the best I can do is dual rotary from Frozen, PPCs, etc., but that will have to do.

Thank you!

There are standards for fittings, see links below. If Billy Bob's Pretty Good Fittings are compared with Sally Jane's Pretty Good Fittings, they should be identical if they are made to industry specifications. There are industry standards for a reason. BitsPower, EK, doesn't matter, they're all the same. Anyone says different is buying parts from Borneo made from water buffalo dung. Which isn't in the spec.

http://www.copper.org/applications/plumbing/techref/tpf_stds/fttgs_stds.html

http://www.fpud.com/PDFDocuments/Co...opper Tubbin Brass & Bronze Pipe Fittings.pdf

If Billy Bob's Pretty Good Fittings are compared with Sally Jane's Pretty Good Fittings, they should be identical if they are made to industry specifications

Of course, I understand, and thank you for the links!

I guess my question was more directed at the user friendliness of the fittings. It's hard to gauge because there will always be good and bad reviews of every product. Seems Monsoon don't grip the tube well, Bitspower are overpriced, XSPC cuts the tubing, and I could go on. As the return policies are going to force me to take a chance, unless I can find someone local, I am willing to take into account anecdotal experiences of actual users as part of my decision making process.

But, I was also thinking, I could just buy all 45s and straights, because I know where I will use angles and where I will use straights, and that those 45s would probably be close enough. May not be perfect like I could make it (by perfect I mean perfectly straight) with 30s or 60s, but I am using flex tubing so maybe it isn't as relevant as w/ rigid tubing.

That's pretty much what you'll have to do. Knowing where you'll be straight and knowing where you'll have to take a educated guess where your angles are. I might even add some 90s, depending if that's how you want your routing to go.

My Koolance QDC's has shown quite the oxidization to almost a rustic look while my bitspower compression fittings, at least most of them look good as new. Not sure if it is part of the quality used or the process but I like bitspower over any other competitor but hey, that's just me.

Okay Jack, seemed like I would be in that position.

And thank you for the information on the seeming quality differences between those two brands!

Back