• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua sending me a new fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I have an NFP14 I use as a case fan that has started rattling. I contacted Noctua and said I lost the receipt (its 3 + years old) they said no problem send us photo Id (I did) and we'll send you a new fan. I love that company.

Very Nice OCNoob. It's not often we get news of good CS. I actually have a cheap CM case fan doing the same. What are the odds of them shipping me a new one?

Told you their CS is great to work with :)
Glad they're hooking you up

Well CM sent me an entirely new mounting kit for a 212 evo when I had an issue with one of the standoffs - took a little while, but they went above and beyond to rectify the situation.

Well, I have history with Noctua. I was doing builds for a while with boards and cases they hadn't tested with the D14 and gave them feedback as well as lots of glowing praise so they know me rofl.

Noctua has 6-year warranties, so I would hope they won't give u trouble. I've had good luck with Corsair & ASUS. ASUS I've used about 3 times now with no issue.

I don't use any Noctua.
but it's really good to hear something like this,
and to be honest, this is not the first time I read the Noctuas are doing things like this.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
and good job for the Noctuas :thup:

Yup. All they asked was that I take a photo of the fan next to a piece of photo ID (They let me block out all the stuff on my ID that could= identity theft just needed my name and photo) and the new fan is in the mail.

They asked that, once I receive the new fan, I destroy the old fan (snap a blade off) and email them that photo next to my id to prove that I am not scamming them.

Seems perfectly kosher to me. I love this company.

Austin was right, I'd be shocked if they didn't give you one TBH.

Thanks for sharing this, good to know since I picked up that NH-D14.
Oh, did they ask for a serial number or something?

Nope. Picture of your ID or a printout of the email conversation next to the defective product. That's it.
They also wanted to know if it was 3 pin or 4 pin to send me the right fan.

Only deal is I have to destory my current fan and send a pic (with ID photo) to them once the new fan is installed.

Nope. Picture of your ID or a printout of the email conversation next to the defective product. That's it.
They also wanted to know if it was 3 pin or 4 pin to send me the right fan.

Only deal is I have to destory my current fan and send a pic (with ID photo) to them once the new fan is installed.

That's totally reasonable cool!
ID, I assume some ID they gave you when you ask support right?

Ahh, okay thanks!

Good to hear there are companies that still care about the customers :)

I have a new review on the NH-D15 coming out soon here on OCF. In it I praise Noctua's customer service. I am real glad you confirmed this. In fact, I think they've upped the ante on CS. Anyone hear of a company simply asking for a pic?

THey have upped the ante. When I asked for an S2011 mount for my D14 in 2012 they asked for a receipt for the D14 and either a 2011 CPU or mobo receipt. They've really chilled out.

Maybe take apart the broken fan so we can see what's inside? At the least, it would be interesting to see whether it uses an analog or digital inverter.

Fan still works dude. Don't count your chickens until they're in the coup. When the new fan is installed, tested, and good to go, I will dismount this one.

Fan still works dude. Don't count your chickens until they're in the coup. When the new fan is installed, tested, and good to go, I will dismount this one.

Oh. I was under the impression you were running without it until the new one arrived.

Back