• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sufficient Power for i7-4790K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Though it isn't the unit I'd pick (especially if that's the price you're paying), it should be more than enough to power your system.

Oh no, I have it on hand. Think I got it for 30 bucks as an on hand backup.

That's what I figured. Should be fine. You're probably looking at 100-200w total system draw.

:thup:

The CPU itself alone can draw close to 100W, especially if you do any overclocking (the bug always gets you someday). So long as you don't have a high power GPU (or are using the onboard GPU), you should be fine with it.

Likely add another video card to get multiple monitors. I don't think I want to have a VGA in use. Rather HDMI like I have now. I may swap over one of the ones in my sig. MSI GeForce 430GT

Still ok?

(Appreciate all the help, mainly a software guy.)

DB

You mean you'll add a first GPU, right? Not "another"? You'll be fine with that PSU unless you add something with more draw than an R9 280X.

That said, you should be able to drive 2+ monitors with the iGPU in the 4790K. Just grab some splitters.

Back