• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Sickleflow 120's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

= stupidly loud. They must have measured the 19db they claim from 30 feet away. Things are louder than my R9 290s fan running @ 80%... Not impressed.

They are reasonably quite by themselves, but as soon as they have any resistance the noise gets distractingly loud.

I've noticed that as well in the past. If there's nothing in front of or behind the fan, they are pretty quiet. I also hesitate to believe their rating on static pressure.

did you guys check with them? I've had a few and not really felt that they're that loud...

I bought 2 ssamhouu, and they are both distractingly loud when installed in my case, either as intake, or exhaust. Outside of the case they are reasonably quiet. I did pick up a 3 pin controller, and when the fans are turned down to ~50% they are as quiet as advertised, judging by ear, and comparing to the other 15 or so different fans I have kicking around.
Wish Antec made their "True Quiet 120" in a PWM, or a little higher max RPM.

Thank you Luke.

I was going to buy 2 of these to replace the ugly Noctua fans in my D14.
Guess I'll be sticking the the turd fans lol :p

Make sure that whatever fans you use on your case, you isolate the vibrations. I've tried all the vibration isolators, and these are the best -- and with free shipping.

Ehume, do you find they make that much of a difference? I'm just curious I've contemplated but have never used them.

Back