• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 OA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aggeluska

Registered
hello currently I am using a laptop and tomorrow i am gonna buy my new pc which has not any OS on it . so i am wondering if its possible to transfer my Windows from laptop to my new PC. my Windows are Windows 7 Home Premium OA . I saw on microsoft site that hte windows are linked with my laptop's BIOS so normaly i am not gonna be able to transfer the windows to my new brick :( . Anyone tried this before ?

thanks

The license is tied in with that motherboard. If you transfer the HDD, it will likely deactivate. There isn't really a way to do this AFAIK. Back in the windows xp days, you could use the license key printed on the bottom of the laptop during the installation when it asks you for the key - but I don't know if you can still do that. Worth a shot I guess.

Back