• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS Fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Had 2 packages ordered from amazon. 2 different tracking numbers. Both packages shipped from the same location, and with tracking were arriving/departing within 2 minutes of each other. So they were traveling the same route..in the same trucks..yet 1 package arrived 4 days before the other, while the other said it was delayed due to a late arrival...yet still arrived at the same time my other package was delivered..and has the message that that was the delayed shipment.

failed ups..failed.. They are actually the worst carrier I have ever used, especially when fedex has never failed once to do same dame deliver even ground in the same state, while UPS takes literally a week. Never a good experience with them.

ive had issues with every carrier, they are all late all the time lol.

especially with amazon prime shipping, two day shipping that went to the local postal carrier? seriously? wat? even had my two day prime shipments take 5 days not including the weekend.

Last edited:
Bah...that's nothing. My last 3 Amazon orders:

Ordered from Amazon on a Thursday morning and paid $37 for Saturday delivery because I wasn't due to arrive back in town until Friday night late and waited 14 hours Saturday for UPS to deliver. They didn't. Contacted the local UPS Site Manager directly (We're decent acquaintances so I have his direct number) and he stated that Amazon specifically shipped the package without Saturday delivery as an option.

Fast Forward a week. Placed an order and chose the option for UPS to USPS delivery. Checked USPS site and the package showed as delivered on Thursday. It wasn't. Contacted Amazon Thursday and explained the issue. They volunteered to re-create the order and overnight package to me. Next day, I hear a knock on the door and answer it expecting my overnighted order from FedEx. It was USPS who knocked on the door to deliver the package that was marked as delivered a day before.

Fast Forward 1 more week. Ordered Monday morning at around 0730 and chose to keep all items together instead of breaking up my order into multiple shipments. Pay $26 overnight shipping so the items are here Tuesday or Wednesday (at the latest) because I have a Xmas party to go to Friday and the items are for the white elephant gift exchange. Amazon breaks up my order into 2 shipments anyway, scheduled for Wednesday delivery. No delivery Wednesday. Check status Thursday morning and they now show as "Package was not ready to be picked up. Will reschedule Pick-Up Friday". Contact Amazon via Phone and explain the situation and speak to Burt Reynolds* who, curiously enough, has a strong Indian accent these days, I'm asked to wait until Saturday for the items (even though I paid $26 so the order would arrive Wednesday at the latest)

Cancelled Prime.

* Can't remember the CSRs name but it was the name of an American celebrity

Depends where you order from as well. Newegg stopped their signature confirmations with UPS which means getting boxes half opened and finding them on your doorstep.

Amazon at least makes you sign.

Just bought a keyboard from Newegg. Then I noticed that it says that "This item will tak3 5-15 days to ship". Have anyone dealt with such kind of delivery from Newegg? Does it take usually that long?

Just bought a keyboard from Newegg. Then I noticed that it says that "This item will tak3 5-15 days to ship". Have anyone dealt with such kind of delivery from Newegg? Does it take usually that long?

Happened to me with a keyboard, as well. Got to day twenty-something and decided to cancel it. It was an impulse buy for an overpriced mechanical so I was glad the ridiculous waiting time gave me the mental fortitude that I lacked when I first ordered it.

Seeing a lot of that "ships" in two weeks garbage. And then I take my business elsewhere.

Back