• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RMA, prep me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Seen some nightmarish posts about ASUS service, repairs, and warranties.

Im thinking, take a bajillion 4k pictures, pack the bejesus out of the motherboard, take screenshots of all the "problems" , and then send it in? Over kill?

Seen some nightmarish posts about ASUS service, repairs, and warranties.

Im thinking, take a bajillion 4k pictures, pack the bejesus out of the motherboard, take screenshots of all the "problems" , and then send it in? Over kill?
I'd be as thorough as possible.

Prep you huh? Ok, ship it to ASUS, then take a month long vacation to another country. Hopefully by the time you get back it will only be 2 months longer before you get it back :D

Hopefully though you won't have to run into any hassle and it will be a quick turnaround time.

Last edited:
THey do suck they dont even email you where to ship the RMA nor do they give you a pre paid shipping label.

AMD takes care of all that at least.

I had to call Asus for the return address of a board im RMAing with them

After I got my RMA from them , I shipped my mobo and had zero problems. I received daily emails about the status and had a new mobo in about two weeks. It was as painless as two weeks without my rig could be. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Pack well, take pics, send it off. Hopefully you are the 90% that get taken care of well. Good luck!

+1 on taking lots of pictures, I have read some that have been denied rma for the tiniest of scratches.

Take some pics, pack it well and follow the RMA instructions. I just RMA'd a mobo last month and it went smooth, they received my board on 11/19 and I received the replacement on 11/26.

Thanks guys. Going to take pictures with my RMA number in the photo as well. The board is pristine, so there shouldn't be any issues I hope.

Ok took about 30 4k images with rma # attached and all the serial numbers in place. Here's hoping for a smooth return.

Not a single problem here with a 2 year old board that had been hit by a lightning storm. Sent me a brand new one, with not one problem.

Just follow the return instructions to a "T" and you'll have no problems.

Probably as insurance so Asus can't tell him that the MOBO got damaged while shipping it to them.

Id rather just mark the board with a sharpie pen. I RMAed my work rigs AM1 mobo to asus, something was wrong with bios It wasnt detecting HDDs in UEFI mode. You know how it says UEFI next to a drive when secure boot is on? Well it got corrupt and wassnt doing it even after reflashing bios.

Id rather just mark the board with a sharpie pen. I RMAed my work rigs AM1 mobo to asus, something was wrong with bios It wasnt detecting HDDs in UEFI mode. You know how it says UEFI next to a drive when secure boot is on? Well it got corrupt and wassnt doing it even after reflashing bios.

No chance in hell I'd mark the board with a sharpie. I literally saw their RMA "rules sheet" and went "are you freaking kidding me?"

YKNL84y.png

I will raise quite the stink if they give me any crap. Too much data/evidence on my end if they try to screw me over.

On a good note, the serial number is printed directly on the board if they try to screw with me like the other guy.

ugh... got a response today, and it was "sent" from myself. How they managed to do that one, I am quite unsure. This is what they sent me, any idea? ;

Dear ASUS Valued Customer,
Your RMA is scheduled for shipment today. You may check status with the courier directly for estimated delivery date; however please keep in mind that the courier'swebsite may not be updated until after 7pm PST depending on the actual pick up time of your RMA.
Infomation
Customer 000000000000000000000000000000000000
Rma# USPC4C1480
Repair Center ASUS/ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Shipping Carrier US MAIL
Tracking# No-TrackingNo
Product Type Mother Board
Received Address -my address-

Best Regards,

-My name-
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
TEL: -my phone number-
EMAIL: -my email-

Back