• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A simple question about CPU coolers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheaptoad

Registered
I'm looking for an inexpensive cooler for my new rig (~30). It should be easy to install as I really don't plan on overclocking too much.

Can you list your parts? Or, better yet, make a signature with all your parts including model numbers.

Not having a clue what you are working with, Im going to blindly throw out Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO...

...what ATM said...

Sorry about that guys.

So, in my sig you'll see my new stuff. Plus, im adding 2 more fans. One intake on the bottom and out on the top.

I hope I've given you enough info

Thanx
CT

Last edited:
Can't really overclock the cpu, so why spend money on something more than the stock cooler?

The only reason to upgrade coolers would be if stock cooler is making too much noise for your liking. As long as you keep your system and coolers clean you should be fine.

Can't really overclock the cpu, so why spend money on something more than the stock cooler?

Probably my doing. Stock coolers are LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty much universal. Plus, a 45c idle is pretty horrendous. A 212 evo would be a fine addition in both noise and cooling. Its 30$...

As 'easy' as the stock intel cooler appears to mount, it really isn't. A lot of times 3 of 4 pins are actually in properly causing situations like this.

I'd say to remount that stock cooler properly (re apply thermal paste) as there is little reason that quad core should be idling at 45C with the stock cooler. I would try that before I spent $30.

Back