• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Player 12 cropping issues!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Okay so i am not a big fan of WMP 12. It comes with windows 8.1, and THE main reason why i don't like it is cause of the cropping aspect ratio issues.

I am registered to this website where i can download and watch old movies that came out during the VHS era. Now this website has some sort of legal issues where you need to download Microsoft Sliverlight plug in for your WMP in order to watch them. Cause so far i tried watching these movies in VLC to media player classic and it won't work.

I can't seem to find any plug ins for sliverlight towards VLC or media player classic. Now ofcourse i want to use VLC or media player classic cause of its easy to use cropping aspect ratio options. With WMP 12 i can only go far as 200% for zoom and yet i am still stuck with these dumb side boarders that spoils the movie experience for me.

I just want to know if there is any way i can crop and zoom in more towards these movies i have downloaded where i don' t have to see these stupid side black boarders. I understand it is for the maintenance for the video quality, but i don't mind it cause i just don't want to end up watching a movie with the side black boarders being there the rest of the time where it spoils my movie experience.

I know for WMP 11 you can crop the aspect ratio to a point where the black boarders aren't there any more, but i already tried to downgrade but my windows 8.1 doesn't support WMP11, any help would be appreciated.. thanks..

Hi, thanks for the response and the link you provided. I just tried the software it won't load the movies i downloaded from this certain website like my other current media programs like VLC and Classic player. Other then my WMP 12 none of my other media players software won't work with these old movies that i have downloaded.

This website has this DMM thing installed with their movies i think, to which i am guessing is the reason why others won't be able to pirate their movies? Unless you have this Microsoft SliverSight plug-in installed (which my WMP 12 has installed) none of my other media programs including the link you provided isn't working.

I HATE WMP 12 cause i can't crop any aspect ratio i want, i hated this program from the start, and still hate it now. Is there any other way to zoom into my videos other then 200%? It can't be this complicated ?

Back