• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to throw my radiator and fans against the wall!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snowbiz

Registered
so I just picked up Two black ice GTX 560 radiators, and nb-bLack silent pro fans, but I'm about to go crazy with trying to get these fans mounted to the radiator!!
Please tell me someone has a trick or a tip of how to mount these dang fans!!!

image.jpg

Here is a pic showing the mountings...

Whatever you do, make sure you get the right screws for it and don't puncture the rads or its GG.

I have the right screws, but my problem is the little round disks that slide behind the radiator holes for the screws to screw into.... It's next to impossible to get them in place and then once I start to screw the screws in they go in but then they just spin and I can't get them to tighten up...

You sure you're using the correct screws, the rads have threaded M4 screw holes, you don't need to stick something behind them to screw into.

looks like they are some kind of rubber isolator thingy, on a radiator i wouldnt even bother they are solid enough they wont transfer any vibrations.

Have you tried putting them together before putting them on the fan/rad? Try and see whats holding it up. It could be a plastic washer as all you'll need to do is force a bit through but make sure you screw it through the rad holes.

Hey guy's what's the mounting size for the GTX 560 Rads??? :shrug: The reason i asked he has 140mm x 140mm Fans, also on my build with Noiseblocker fans had to buy some seperate threaded bolts. ;) To make them fit properly some are M3 or M4 threaded the fine thread is the worst sooooo easy to strip a thread. :cry: I think patience is a virtue when building a WC Loop if its not going to well, then go and get a large coffee or cup of tea. :salute:

Ajay.

so I just picked up Two black ice GTX 560 radiators, and nb-bLack silent pro fans, but I'm about to go crazy with trying to get these fans mounted to the radiator!!
Please tell me someone has a trick or a tip of how to mount these dang fans!!!

You don't use the hardware that came with the fans, just the screws that came with the rad. The hardware that comes with the fans is for mounting to a case.

After a lot of patience and a few sessions of working with them I finally finished them. I wish I would have just ordered some of the M4 threaded screws but since I did not I made the alternative work. I slid the small circular nuts (look like small discs) underneath the M4 threaded holes. Then using a small wrench I held onto the disc shaped nuts and screwed the screws in. (Before doing this I measured the distance/length of the screws with the fans and rubber washers for vibration dissipation to ensure that there was no way the screws would damage the radiator. After a long time and a lot of patience I got all the screws/nuts completely tightened and everything looking great!

Well done I hope you did not put any holes where they should not be!! Try to post some photo's when you can as a photo is better than a thousand words Snowbiz.

Ajay.

Back