• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else a hardcore android gamer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Never thought I would see the day... lol
Curious if anyone else is a hardcore android gamer? What do you game on and do you use any remotes etc?

I turned into a android gamer because life is so busy these days and I started finding it hard to get any gametime in. So now I carry my S4 with a moga hero remote and my mhl adapter with my old laptop heh.

Games have gotten actually decent modern combat 5 is great with a remote. Order & Chaos for some WOW clone action. Just beat shadowrun returns and delver. Anyone got some good suggestions? Thinking of gettjng shadowrun dragonfall next.

I was gonna put this in the gaming sectio. But it i figured i would drop it here can always move it if need be.

So right now im debating on upgrading to a note 4 or nexus 6. Leaning toward note 4 because I have a mhl adapter and i use my smart dock at home to basically use my phone as a desktop pc to do work from.

Anyone have a nexus 6? Just curious if this has a desktop mode?

Avabel is a really good MMO. I play a stupid amount of clash of lords 2, and have been dabbling with Sim City build it

Avabel is a really good MMO. I play a stupid amount of clash of lords 2, and have been dabbling with Sim City build it
I tried Avabel out it seemed good but man was it laggy i think servers were on overload. This was back a few months ago around so it might be different now.

I recently dropped back into Order and chaos almost maxed out just easier to play on phone then actually sit down in front of a computer these days. I just wish a big dog would come along and make a game for mobile. I mean ya COD made what a game or two but they are both blah imo. If gameloft can pull off medicore games that are pretty damn good these guys should be able to.

I want to see a big name publisher put out a mmorpg i mean hell I think mobile would even be ripe for resurrecting a old mmo and giving it new life on mobile (read a article about this on massively once sounded like a good idea and a good way to get some extra money out of a old game). I wish they would release a COD too that was like modern combat so I could play online.

It's weird I never thought i'd call myself a hardcore mobile gamer lol but just due to how busy life is and my crazy schedules it's become so much easier and when you really dig in some great console/pc like games to be played just in a little bit different package.

I'm thinking about downloading the new dungeon hunter and giving that a run but I've played Soulcraft 2 for a bit supposed to have multiplayer coming shortly and I really dig that game.

ROFL just about everyone I think plays that game. I tried it just could not get into it. I fixed a guys system that was hardcore into that game said he'd dropped about $1,200 on it over the course of a year.

I kitted out. Usb to hdmi. PlayStation controller.

For stand alone action I love the finger shooters.
Games designed for tablets specifically are great.

Sky force, auralux, boulder dash xl, plasma sky, inertia lite HD, xelorians.

Tons of other stuff ive played to death and forgot about.

Sine mora runs a bit tubby and steers like a pig... Cant keep power ups on the tablet but on the pc I thrash it :)

I'm a hardcore android gamer too :) I was thinking of getting shield tablet but I'm waiting for shield 2 :)
my favorite android games are
1) N.O.V.A 3
2) dead trigger 2
3) Order and chaos
and some other... i have finished some single player games!
I game on phone because i only have time for game when im outside on a boring party or something :)

Well ended up picking up a nvidia shield tablet. Figured it made more sense then paying for a new phone because ill get more power and i tend to game at home anyway. Plus all of the extra features it has game streaming which i cant use anyway (att dsl....) and in home streaming from pc my rig does not support still features are there if i do get the stuff to use them.

Hopefully att upgrades my area to uverse im smack dab in the middle of a large city comcast contract just ended few months ago and att started offering dsl with uverse coming soon.

I'll post back once my tablet arrives.

I play Dead Trigger 2 and Real Racing 3 on my OnePlus One. I don't use a controller.

I play Dead Trigger (1) on my huawei glory phone...I have GTA Vice City and Max Payne Mobile on my Chinese A23 tablet.

I have the Moga pocket model controller and love it....it is amazing how much of a crowd you can gather when they see you using a controller on your phone. The only problem I have with the MOGA (actually 2 prob's)
1: is it seems that bluetooth and wifi do not play nice with each other...yet

2: I'm not sure if it is in my settings, but when I play dead trigger on my phone, it takes forever to turn around...while some zombie is whacking you on the head.

I play Dead Trigger2 on Facebook and I kik butt, but sometimes I feel like I'm cheating because the differences between PC and mobile unit is nite and day.
I wish I could afford the Shield but alas I am not with many funds to spare.

I have always been a gamer, and truth be told, I got the tablet (and phone btw) for gaming when I absolutely have to be away from my home unit (PC).

BTW I totally love my little MOGA pocket and can't picture myself without it when I'm out and about.

People say stuff like "That is so kewl..I didn't know they make those" :eek:
Then they really freak when I tell them that they (the MOGA pocket) can be had for less than a half carton of ciggybutts which is a good analogy because I no longer smoke ciggybutts :salute:

Well had my shield for about a week. It is amazing runs games insanely smooth . Well worth the $300 if you have it to spare (was my yearly pc upgrade money lol) I just wish i had a better internet connection so i could stream some pc games.

Hehe, Candy crush...yea, it's ok till you get to level 50 and have to beg for help or buy more levels...If I cannot get more levels without paying for them, I will just delete the program. I mean if I can get a full version of Max Payne for 2.99 then why should I pay for more levels from a so-called free game...I guess that is why they call it Freemium

Android gaming is getting better and better and better. My phone is great for the 1.5 hours I spend on the train every day. Especially as I don't get much chance to play at home anymore.

Great games:
Knights of the old republic
Baulders gate 1 and 2
Xcom enemy within
Clash of clans ( stupidly addictive and can be played totally free - nearly at a maxed out village 1 year in without spending any cash)
GTA san andreas

Then there is a long list of emulators and the insanely large back catalog of games that exist:
Ps1 - (played through FF7 and 8 on this)
DS
megadrive
Snes
Doom Gless :)

Then throw in the nvidia shield stuff (I want one of these, likely waiting for the next generation now though)
Half life 2
Portal
Doom 3
Crysis 3

I am even considering replacing my htpc with an nvidia shield console (waiting to see how it is on release in regards to things like dolby true hd pass-through etc.)

This is only touching the surface of android gaming nowadays :) I use a moga pro if I need a controller, but some games work fine with a touchscreen.

Android gaming is getting better and better and better. My phone is great for the 1.5 hours I spend on the train every day. Especially as I don't get much chance to play at home anymore.

Great games:
Knights of the old republic
Baulders gate 1 and 2
Xcom enemy within
Clash of clans ( stupidly addictive and can be played totally free - nearly at a maxed out village 1 year in without spending any cash)
GTA san andreas

Then there is a long list of emulators and the insanely large back catalog of games that exist:
Ps1 - (played through FF7 and 8 on this)
DS
megadrive
Snes
Doom Gless :)

Then throw in the nvidia shield stuff (I want one of these, likely waiting for the next generation now though)
Half life 2
Portal
Doom 3
Crysis 3

I am even considering replacing my htpc with an nvidia shield console (waiting to see how it is on release in regards to things like dolby true hd pass-through etc.)

This is only touching the surface of android gaming nowadays :) I use a moga pro if I need a controller, but some games work fine with a touchscreen.

you should try Dead trigger 2, amazing graphics, and voices are ridicules, the person you play as can only say 3 phrases whenever anyone says anything :D oh and kill it with greenify if you don't want to wake up 3am with the sound of "what do we have here" at 100% :D
and if you're rooted you should do the ultra graphics mod(takes 1 second, changed 2 numbers in a file) if you don't have an nvidia device!

i was thinking of buying a controller but the only ones i found are ipega and samsung and the smasung one is like 140$ and ipega ones aren't good and don't have much game support like nova 3)

BTW it would be extremely cool if tf2 was available for shield :) (not streaming)

Back