• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some HELP/OPINION with BUILD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPonc

First, say hello! I'm new around here. Since I decided to build a new computer, I've been spending some time in these forums. I've been reading and researching a lot, trying to achieve the right build... Now that most of the work is done, I'd like to have some feedback from you before to buy stuff, so I'll be happy if you guys can give me a helping hand here.

First, I'm using the computer for...
- Mostly for digital painting (so a lot of photoshop...).
- Some 3D. ZBrush, Maya,...
- Games (I'll be really happy if I can play Witcher 3 at 1080p/60fps XD)

Other things you should know...
- I'm interested in OC, but I don't have any experience...
- It's my first build from scratch.
- Interested in good quality componets, I mean, I prefer a "smaller" CPU than a i7 with a cheap PSU... do you know what I mean???

So this is the build...

Intel Core i5-4690k
Asus Maximus VII Gene Gaming
Noctua NH-U12S
Cooler Master V Semi_Modular Series V550
Fractal Design Define Mini
Samsung 120 GB 850 EVO SSD
WD Caviar Blue 1 TB SATA III
Gigabyte GTX 970
G Skill 2x4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz

Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer
Logitech MK520

ASUS PA238Q vs Dell UltraSharp U2414H ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

What do you think about the buid?

Some doubts...
- What is your opinion about this PSU?
- About the cooler... at first I chose the Cooler Master 212 EVO, but then I heard about this Noctua... What do you think???
- Alternatives for this memory??? Or is it OK?
- About those monitors...

Well, that's all!!! Thnks in advance!!!

Looks nice IMO

Could take a look ta an eVGA G2 full modular power source, but the Coolermaster is a good unit.
I like the memory , board is beastly all around I think it is solid

Really the only thing I would consider is a larger SSD so you can throw some of your favorites on it

If drawing is your main priority, this is one of the few times I'll recommend an fx 8 core over intel. Most graphics programs are multi threaded now and you can notice a difference in "feel".

See my sig for a good place to start.

Back