• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MaggieMae308 writes on OCN......

I live by FrozenCPU. I know many of the folks who have worked there. My husband was associated with Mark Friga at previous employment when he first began his company. I can tell you that as long as we have known him, he has been a loud-mouthed, hot-head and runs hot and cold in his relationships with anyone and everyone. You never know, when you see him if he is Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde. It's that scary...especially if you work for him. He has sadly been going downhill in his personal and professional life due to his addictions to drugs and alcohol. He has been in rehab a number of times and goes back to his cravings almost as soon as he is out. The man had a great idea in Frozen CPU and built it up with the help of some fabulous employees over the years.

Now...sigh...his problems have overcome his sense. It WAS Friga who went in to the business in one of his unpredictable rampages and destroyed elements necessary to operate. The employees could no longer take it. I can't blame them. I don't know how Richard, Bucky, Joe and their team stood it as long as they did. And yes, I have been concerned for my local community as I know Friga drives under the influence. We have small children around here. We are a walking school district. We don't need drunk or zoned folks driving on the streets, especially one who can go into a rage at the drop of a hat.

Friga has not been an operational part of the business for a long time. He drops in, sometimes saying "Hi" sometimes firing everyone he sees. He can not run the business as he no longer knows how. He turned the running and upgrading over to employees. He has created impossible working conditions for employees who put customers first. They can't get in even if they wanted to. It's all so freakin sad and did not have to be this way.

I hope he manages to overcome his demons. There are many lives affected by his poor choices...family, friends and employees, their families...it snowballs people! It's not just Friga who is affected by Friga. Customers, suppliers, shippers...when you own a business you have a lot of responsibility.

Marc Friga has hit the bottom. Now the question is, can he man up and do the right thing by all those who put their trust in him?

Mark Friga has not been capable of running his business for quite some time. He had left it up to "the guys" and showed up at the door sporadically and you never knew which Mark would show up...bad or good. He created high anxiety levels for everyone. I am a neighbor, I know. Bucky, Richard and team poured their lives into that place and are responsible for the success of the last five to six years as Friga had himself on a downward trajectory. Their hearts were broken at the destruction he wrought on the equipment and stock on one of his drug fueled rages early this week. The customers were the first thing they thought of but Mark left them with no way to deal with those customers. So, yes, they definitly know how to start, run and succeed at business. They even are smart enough to ask about what they might need help with, which I consider an important attribute. So yeah, I would have no qualms contributing to a kick starter campaign for them!

If only Mark had enough sense to just turn the operation over to the top employees, maybe give them a percentage so they have a stake, and then stay away, then all of this could have been avoided. He would still have been making money, employees would still have jobs, customers would get their goods, suppliers would be paid and blah, blah, blah.

"If only" is always after the fact it seems but I know that in the case of fcpu there were folks who tried to make that happen but Mark would not let go, stand back and collect his money. Not even until he could straighten out his personal life. Yeah, fcpu is his baby but when your business grows larger than your garage can handle and you start hiring staff your responsibilies also grow.

So many times the guys tried talking some sense into him. They care about Mark and the business. Mark just has demons nobody but he can conquer. There comes a point where family and friends can no longer deal with the effect that Marks demons have on them too.

It's all so darn sad. Fcpu fills a nitch that is needed in the mod world. It could have continued. If only....sigh...

I don't like others talking about peoples personal lives but its effected the business that everything is being said. If all is true, I only wish Mark the best and that he gets better. A life is more important than money or a business. Still sucks for us enthusiasts but we can all agree that we do wish the best for him and everyone effected by this.

DragonMaster writes on OCN....

This was posted by End Point Corp., who turn out to have admin access because they provide the online commerce services. They completely disabled checkout.

Last edited:
Even in it's current state, I couldn't touch it. Not enough up front capitol.
The place still has a high value attached.

It's all about pooling resources. It's essentially a turn key business. Ecommerce is already setup. Website is setup. Facility/warehouse is there. I can see it easily back up and running inside a month, if that, with the right people.

If it gets properly valuated, and the business model is still viable (in the eyes of the investors anyway), it shouldn't be too hard to get some investment capital.

More info was just posted on their Facebook Page. Looks like they are opening up back again. A lot of mixed messages in the comments section to say the least and a FB post by FCPU about something that happened during the troubled times. Very odd.

Still no apologies.

Wow... don't even know what to say to his posts on FB. That would make me even more so not wanting to pump money into the company til they can prove they can function.

im still waiting on my bank to get me back my $110.00 for my order that i put in just as this unfolded.

I'm also still waiting on my purchase which I hope to get canceled since I already got what I needed.

same here. i ordered a waterblock for my 670 and then had to order it from performancePC.

In hopes to get order canceled i sent them a message on facebook with order number.

Dude is obviously still off his rocker...
I'll take my business to PPC, they don't openly disrespect law enforcement officers.

jrwEz5K.png

I'll take my business to PPC, they don't openly disrespect law enforcement officers.

View attachment 161420

My thoughts exactly. The mindset of someone to post something like this after the whole ordeal and not even attempt to apologize or even make the pending orders right is a huge red flag. It's really bothersome being a great company with huge inventory. Lets not forget the company was run on the backs of the ex-employees as the owner apparently was barely around, supposedly.

View attachment 161420

That's a battle he won't win. The MCSD has no patience for alkys.
Kinda interested in why it's signed "RPD Fan". RPD = Rochester Police Dept.
which is where the Monroe County Jail is. Another shot at law enforcement?
I'll never shop there again. Just shows a lack of respect. My whole family is law enforcement.
Typical alky druggie, always the victim, never responsible for their own actions.

My thoughts exactly. The mindset of someone to post something like this after the whole ordeal and not even attempt to apologize or even make the pending orders right is a huge red flag. It's really bothersome being a great company with huge inventory. Lets not forget the company was run on the backs of the ex-employees as the owner apparently was barely around, supposedly.

Yep, I won't support someone with that kind of business mindset and general attitude.
Especially not in this age of customer service.

That's a battle he won't win. The MCSD has no patience for alkys.
Kinda interested in why it's signed "RPD Fan". RPD = Rochester Police Dept.
which is where the Monroe County Jail is. Another shot at law enforcement?
I'll never shop there again. Just shows a lack of respect. My whole family is law enforcement.
Typical alky druggie, always the victim, never responsible for their own actions.

I have barely any family in law enforcement, but that doesn't mean I show any less respect for officers.
And blatant, open disrespect? He can go rot in jail for his drug usage as far as I care.

Let someone worth owning the business take it over.

I purchased my last water cooling gear (RX480s, fittings etc) from Performance PC. They were prompt and items arrived well packaged.

Sad about FrozenCPU. Bought a number of items from them.

I also have purchased from Sidewinder Computers and was treated well.

I followed up on a news blurb on [H] and the Craigslisted address is no more than a mile from the FrozenCPU address, more like a few blocks. Looks like a liquidation to me:

here

Too bad :(

Mental health and/or substance abuse issues creep up on you. You'll be able to fake it and get by, but eventually it all catches up and then there is a catastrophic meltdown that results in incarceration or institutionalization (if your insurance is good) or homelessness (the majority of the time).

You can tell by those pictures that a major meltdown occurred and all the bridges were burned leaving him isolated on his own island. No man is an island so failure is inevitable.

Stick a fork in it. Frozen PC is done. :-/

Back