• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[BUILD LOG] Tiny Liquid Thunder: mATX with internal water cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Amazing power in a small form factor. Great job.

Was also going to suggest the external fan for the 120 but it looks like you do not need it!

Thanks! Partly cause I'm partial to nVidia, partly because the 680 seemed to be a touch faster in all the reviews I saw at that point. Also, 680 waterblocks seemed to be easier to find at that point than 7970 blocks.

Looking nice. I didn't realize they made 180mm radiators, I've seen 120mm and 240mm, but not 180. Learn something new every day :D

I had the same problem with bitspower 45 rotaries. One leaked no matter what position it was in and i had to get rid of it. As for the, other I found a position that pleased it..for now. I plan on replacing it next time I clean the loop.

For those of you that missed it, I de-lidded my 3770K and got a massive drop in temps, but only about 200MHz extra. The thread is here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722054

Also, I've swapped out my fans for an AP182 in the front and an AP-29 in the back. Much better temps when I crank up the RPM, but it's still nice and quiet otherwise. I also added a water temp probe just prior to the 180mm rad.

Major update! Upgraded to a 4770K, Maximus VI Gene, and a GTX780! Pics below.

GTX 780! This is the EVGA SC edition.
d8ep.jpg

Naked:
vb6q.jpg

And here's the underside of the cooler, for reference:
ajpm.jpg

vb6q.jpg

h9p.jpg

All clean!
nk8j.jpg

00cy.jpg

Took off the CPU waterblock to find this. Gross. I made the mistake of using CL Liquid Ultra...this stuff will NOT come off once solid. This was after several minutes of rubbing with qtips, paper towels, and rubbing alcohol. I think I'm going to have to find an abrasive pad, like a sponge or something, to get this crap off.
b8pp.jpg

Ready to go!
bwo0.jpg

Problem: The new design of the GPU waterblock completely messes up my loop flow. This was my first attempt at a new tubing arrangement...but it was super leaky. The 45 degree rotaries are being torqued just a little and are leaking at the joint again. :(
nzo1.jpg

Closeup of the problem area:
qray.jpg

raz3.jpg

jsuv.jpg

1s9c.jpg

vu8n.jpg

Final tubing design. Not elegant, but it works! mATX is definitely a challenge for watercooling!
c4de.jpg

nice one mate :) loving my 780 but wish i could crank up the volts more i am stuck on 1228mhz core but i only hit max of 35-38c while gaming. The highest i have ever hit is 42 while running heaven. lol. Hows your temps?

nice one mate :) loving my 780 but wish i could crank up the volts more i am stuck on 1228mhz core but i only hit max of 35-38c while gaming. The highest i have ever hit is 42 while running heaven. lol. Hows your temps?
Yeah, that's almost exactly what I'm seeing too. Shame...this card has so much more potential, it just needs another 0.1-2V...

nice :) and i have 600 worth of rad! It really is a shame. Boooo. I am going to try the bios mod soon ;) see if i can get nearer 1300mhz

Question: Where exactly are the fittings leaking from? At the joint? The threads?

If at the threads, have you tried wrapping them with a couple of layers of plumbers tape? I've never had a fitting leak at all, in all the time I've been water cooling my PC. Even after redoing the loop a couple of times, and even reusing the same original (old), almost dried out rubber o-rings.

Back