• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All that heat will need to be exhausted. So, will you be taking this rig to lan parties? :p

Got it covered!

I'm still hung up on the lack of exhaust. :p

Also, I wouldn't have a intake fan next to a exhaust fan or vice versa. If all rads are intake, where are all the rads positioned and what air intake are they taking it from. The spots that don't have anything to them would and should be used as exhaust. I would hope all the points of intake are filtered. I would hate to see dust take over.

He said he has 10 case fans as well as the rad fans

Yea rad fans are all intake and about 10 fans for exhaust...

Btw i tought bleeding the system was going to be hard and draining it easy i was 1000000% wrong bleeding was a walk in the park! Now draining (taking all the water out) wow pita!!! Thinking about using a air compressor

Some updates

Running Phobya UC-1 Extreme CPU waterblock and Alphacool 290x waterblock

Test with all fans running

Room temp 23.05
Water temp 23.61
Cpu idle temp 32
CPU stock load temp (prime 95) 48
GPU idle temp 35
GPU load temp 95 (was getting 100 on air) using FurMark

Flow with the blocks is now 315L/h so 1.4GPM

So pretty crappy results...

I remember putting lots of thermal grease on my video card, so i will need to recheck that, probably reason why temps are so high

Most GPU task crash the system, i guess from GPU getting really hot, will need to retim it and check again.

How much thermal grease should i put on those video cards? When i did it, i saw someone recommending putting a thin layer on all of it.. which is what i did

xOfUneq.jpg

I guess it could also be an air pocket on the socket it self, i hear a sound coming from it like air, but i moved the video card around and cant get rid of the sound, will make a video for you guys to hear it.

Not sure if you can hear it will all the background noise :(

Last edited:
I couldn't really hear the noise on the video (usually a rattling sound), but I would assume that it is just air trapped in the GPU block (judging by the temp). This is where having a case that you can lift without a crane comes in handy ;) I usually leave the cpu block and gpu and with the res at the highest point, raise and lower the blocks to move the air through. I do all this when leak testing, as you should. If this doesn't work to get all of the air out, then tip the case to work the air through (or in your case rent a crane).

As for the GPU thermal paste, I usually just spread a thin layer and then put a very small dot of paste in the center to spread and prevent air pockets. Be cautious as some thermal pastes are conductive, and can cause damage if over applied. It's always best to follow the directions that came with the block, and always check to ensure that the block and card have good contact with the thermal pads, and are in the correct locations.

These things should help with the temps, as there is no way that card should be running that hot with all that rad.

It's possible that you need a shim for that GPU

Also, don't use Furmark.
What's the GPU temp under load with Unigine Heaven?

It's possible that you need a shim for that GPU

Also, don't use Furmark.
What's the GPU temp under load with Unigine Heaven?

Using Heaven 4.0 for about 3-4 min

GPU MAX temp: 92C
VRM MAX temp 1 = 62 C
VRM MAX temp 2 = 61C

GPU Idle temp: 33C
VRM idle Temp 1: 35C
VRM idle temp 2: 61C

Also the backplate of the GPU gets realllly hot but not the front, ran it a bit longer and Water temp never went 1 degree higher than room, so the card is not transferring the heat to the loop

You've got too much TIM and you're not making proper contact with the die.
You'll need a shim.

ya tim issue :p

So after a full heave benchmark results:

GPU MAX temp: 49C
VRM MAX temp 1 = 76 C
VRM MAX temp 2 = 61C

GPU Idle temp: 32C
VRM idle Temp 1: 48C
VRM idle temp 2: 61C

Back