• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have to pick and choose your battles when it comes to employment litigation. Prospective employers will know if you have pursued any kind of employment litigation. It will take years to go through the court system, and you be lucky to be awarded what you want. No one is saying that one shouldn't sue, but you also have to think about being labelled a troublemaker by future employers.

This is to bad I had noticed their website was done for a bit a couple weeks ago I guess the writing is on the wall. Anyone can F### UP. Frozen CPU was always good by me and I would have tossed some business his way. Unfortunately this turn has soured me enough that I doubt I would in the future buy there again. Dazmode is getting bigger and with MmM picking up slack, here's hoping they can make a go of it the water cooling enthusiasts will still have some choices where to get their stuff.

Oh heck, I cannot get past the walmart screening survey.
Way I see it, self employment, or Rackspace are my two chances *good thing Rackspace is based here in San Antonio*

- - - Updated - - -

I had always wanted to get stuff from them when I got money together.........and when I did......this happened.

Just because you can sue doesn't mean you'd get any money. You'll have to get in line.

55$ and an afternoon of time. I'd sure make the attempt.

Also, pretty sure withholding wages is a felony in most places...

You have to pick and choose your battles when it comes to employment litigation. Prospective employers will know if you have pursued any kind of employment litigation. It will take years to go through the court system, and you be lucky to be awarded what you want. No one is saying that one shouldn't sue, but you also have to think about being labelled a troublemaker by future employers.

Where are you getting this (mis)information? Not only is what you're talking about completely illegal, its also completely inaccurate. Small claims court is also RIDICULOUSLY simple, and doesn't take "years". Took me about 2 weeks to take a guy who keyed my car to small claims court.

Any employer that would deem me a "trouble maker" for wanting to be paid for work is NOT an employer I would want to work for anyway.

Note:
*Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying its ridiculously illegal and highly protected*

Sources :
http://labor-employment-law.lawyers...tion/retaliation-and-whistle-blowing-faq.html
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/facts-retal.cfm
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/em...er-retaliation-could-land-you-in-trouble.html
http://wagetheft.org/wordpress/?page_id=1511
http://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/
personal experience in small claims court

Last edited:
Maybe small claims in NYC is so backlogged that there is in fact a huge line?
I cannot imagine how many bicycle messengers end up taking taxi drivers/other drivers to court for winging them...even if half the time it is their fault.

Maybe small claims in NYC is so backlogged that there is in fact a huge line?
I cannot imagine how many bicycle messengers end up taking taxi drivers/other drivers to court for winging them...even if half the time it is their fault.

They are about 6 hours away from NYC.

Well, after countless calls last week, I finally got credited my money back from February and used it to purchase some other fittings to finally complete the order. I will say the lady on the phone tried everything in her power to satisfy as she was a one man army there along with one other employee. She even went as far as funding some of the shipping, $1.50 I believe, making sure it would get out here asap. No funds on my end were given to complete this process.

It surely isn't what they used to be and I notice a lot of the big name brands are disappearing off their site. The irony is, I couldn't find all the same fittings elsewhere. I think their days are numbered or its going to be a very slow uphill battle from now and on. Glad to finally close this chapter but feel sad about it, especially the hundreds I've poured to them.

I was just about to place a fair order with them yesterday when I noticed the note that they were not taking website orders and I would need to call in the order. I don't know why I did a G-Search, but I'm glade I did. Ended up buying everything through Amazon and saved a few bucks on the parts plus free shipping.

I was just about to place a fair order with them yesterday when I noticed the note that they were not taking website orders and I would need to call in the order. I don't know why I did a G-Search, but I'm glade I did. Ended up buying everything through Amazon and saved a few bucks on the parts plus free shipping.

Performancepcs and modmymods are some great etailers.

Looks like they're "back" but I think they're still in a PR nightmare. They should have at least apologized and shown everyone who the new management is. Not sure what all this means but time will tell I guess.

FCPU.JPG

FCPU's former employees started ModMyMods, and doing great! Always engaging with the community.

and Mnpctech has been offering 15% off voucher code to Overclockers members for awhile now, code = MNLOYAL2017

Looks like they're "back" but I think they're still in a PR nightmare. They should have at least apologized and shown everyone who the new management is. Not sure what all this means but time will tell I guess.

Same owner. :p
New staff.

Back