• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you have your monitor turn off automatically after a while ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

Mines on all the time until I turn off the PC at the end of the day or whenever I think I won't use the PC again in the same day. Was just wondering what you guys prefer and if you do have yours setup to turn off how many minutes to you have it at ?

Mine sleep at 15min, but the PC doesn't go to sleep.
Monitors are still on, but the panels are powered down.

Default... 15 mins the monitors shut off. Like ATM, I leave the PC on for the most part.

Yep, mine gets cut on when I get home from work and doesn't get cut off till I go to bed.
It also doesn't go to sleep, I hate waking a computer.

I put my main computer to sleep when I'm not using it (no reason not to, I have a server and htpc for data and streaming) and my monitors go to sleep after 10-15 minutes.

15 minutes here too cept my htpc is "always on" but its getting replaced tuesday (shh dont tell her she will get upset)

I set for sleep in 1 hour.

Sometimes I think about things, have to handle interruptions / questions, so 15 minutes isn't enough to me.

I do that with the monitors but I sleep/wake the PC manually. Only takes a second with an SSD but I don't bother turning if off while I still might conceivably be using it.

my are on all the time .. monitors fall asleep after 15 minutes ... except my laptop. I have that one go to sleep if its not on the charger after 15 minutes and the screen turn off in 5

Mine is always on.
I haven't seen what a screensaver looks like in... years.
PC is on 24/7. Only time it's off is if the power goes out.

Back when I was mining, having the screensaver come on or the screen turn off made my GPU's crash and require a reboot. I'm just too lazy to switch it back lol.

What's a screensaver?
Mine are either on or in sleep mode. (Think, LCD off, backlight off, power button blinking)

What's a screensaver?

:D

I downloaded one of those pixel fixing screen savers once. Forgot I put it in there, hadn't seen it for weeks. Came into my office with that snow swirling on all 3 monitors, I thought I had crashed my machine!

Ripped that thing out right then and there!

:D

I downloaded one of those pixel fixing screen savers once. Forgot I put it in there, hadn't seen it for weeks. Came into my office with that snow swirling on all 3 monitors, I thought I had crashed my machine!

Ripped that thing out right then and there!

Now that I think about it... I haven't used a screensaver since Win98 and the 3D Pipes.

wow last time i used a screensaver was about win 98, I used to run some of the After Dark Modules :) (for those that remember that)

Anyone remember that one screensaver that melted the display?

I think they called it decay...it took a snapshot of whatever was on display, then it began sliding and dripping downward, slowly.

Best screen saver of all time has to be starfield. I could not friggin believe it when they took it out of Windows. It was like Star Trek or something. Great stuff. My second fav was the flag screen saver that defaulted to a microsoft logo "blowing in the wind". They killed that too... They kill all my fav screensavers...

For those too young to remember Starfield (I think they killed it with 2000 or XP :()

Here is a vid

Back