• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks all purdy SP you must be dying to get it up and running.

I'm scrambling to get the case built!
I have it all laid out and planned. Just need to cut the tubing, bend it, hook it all up and attach the drives, mobo etc to the case base.
But alas, I must wait until my dad gets home. :(

Last thing I need is him smacking me with the wood I use because he needed it for his clients :-/

How to build a case:

Step 1: Put in the fridge the eggs and butter dad forgot to put away.
Step 2: He now owes me wood for my case.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit! :D

Case build has commenced!

It will be similar to the Edelweiss, but made out of wood, and naturally, less fancy looking.
Same style though, mobo on display, res on the side and a box on the back for the PSU, rad and pump.

If it comes out like what I have pictured in my crude drawings and head, I'll be so charged for some serious watercooling overclocking! :rock:

Last edited:
Your right there SP..... Canada post has updated their website their tracking sucks now ..... picked up ...... in transit then delivered ...... Ugggghhhhhhh.

Step 1: Put in the fridge the eggs and butter dad forgot to put away.
Step 2: He now owes me wood for my case.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit! :D

Case build has commenced!

It will be similar to the Edelweiss, but made out of wood, and naturally, less fancy looking.
Same style though, mobo on display, res on the side and a box on the back for the PSU, rad and pump.

If it comes out like what I have pictured in my crude drawings and head, I'll be so charged for some serious watercooling overclocking! :rock:

That's a tall order silver. I need to see pick bro. I like the concept.

That's a tall order silver. I need to see pick bro. I like the concept.
And pics you shall get. :)

I have to plane down the mobo's back board, then start building the base support.

I'm gone for Saturday so I'll only have tonight and Sunday to really put some time into this.

Very cool. I'd suggest taking your time as it always looks better than when rushed. What type of wood did you "steal" from Daddy Pharoah?

Very cool. I'd suggest taking your time as it always looks better than when rushed. What type of wood did you "steal" from Daddy Pharoah?

Pine and 1/2 " plywood <-- :(
I will see what I can do about the plywood though :D

I made a really nice looking Pine case for my rock & gemstone collection, and stained it a rich deep brown.
It turned out very nice, I was thinking of doing it again with a few coats of urethane for gloss :)

There is some nice plywood out there ...... Oak $$$$ and yes 1/2 Pine as well at Home Depot ....... about $25 a sheet so not a bad price. That's what I used for my window jams here in the house.

There is some nice plywood out there ...... Oak $$$$ and yes 1/2 Pine as well at Home Depot ....... about $25 a sheet so not a bad price. That's what I used for my window jams here in the house.

Yep I might go wood shopping at lowes after work, since it's on the way home.
Trick is getting the wood in my car lol :D

Oak would be sweet for this build. Lemme see if I can "borrow" some :p

There's absolutely nothing wrong with pine. I find it funny that the knotty pine is usually cheaper but looks so much better. Drop a nice gloss clear on her and she's all set.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with pine. I find it funny that the knotty pine is usually cheaper but looks so much better. Drop a nice gloss clear on her and she's all set.

I like pine myself. Nice and easy to work with.
Smells ah-mazing :D

I was trying to devise a way to attach the mobo and the base while keeping it vertical to show off the mobo.
Then I thought of using a 4x4....

Well, that's not pretty so I decided to make a hollow 3x3 column. This way I can hide the wires inside and drill holes for the wires to come out!
I'll get some pics when the glue dries. :)

I like this!

Me too!
Sorry for the delay, I was at my uncle's house building a small corner garden for them :)

Anyways, I finished the support column:
DSC00902.JPG
And here's a very crude look at what the mobo would look like.
DSC00903.JPG

It will sit on it's own wood board which will be attached to the support column.

That's next after I cut the column to height!

Motherboard mounts & base made!
1/2 Plywood with an Oak veneer.
DSC00905.JPG
Gives me lots of breathing room for the fan that will keep the socket cool.
DSC00906.JPG
And here's what it will look like more or less. There will be some supports for the GPU's of course. The res would look great with an LED I think. Might hook one up :)
DSC00904.JPG

Slowly but surely this rig is coming together.
More to come later!

While you're at it, Id fabricate a support structure for your GPU. Too many sagging gpu's make me sad lol

While you're at it, Id fabricate a support structure for your GPU. Too many sagging gpu's make me sad lol

That can be done.
I'm going to have a support bar for the GPU's mounting bracket, so I can fabricate some wood to attach onto that support bar too.

That's why I left 1" of space around the mobo.
So I can attach a frame to help support everything! :)

Not sure if you have a plan for the 24pin connector but it looks like it maybe a tight fit with the res right there ( maybe a few of the sata's too). Looking good!

Not sure if you have a plan for the 24pin connector but it looks like it maybe a tight fit with the res right there ( maybe a few of the sata's too). Looking good!

Cut a hole in the wood, then fish it through :)
I want very little cables showing in this build.

Also, almost all my SATA cables are 90* bends so I can just route then through the wood, so I should be ok there.
If worst comes to worst, I'll buy longer SATA cables. :)

Back