• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does it exist? A 11" netbook with 1tb drive or 11" netbook with two drive bays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

does it exist? A 11" netbook with 1tb drive or 11" netbook with two drive bays?

A client of mine is asking for a 11" laptop with massive amounts of storage, and minimum weight and size. Money isn't an issue and his budget is up to 1500 but does not want to spend that much if possible.I did some research but fell short, so I decided to come and ask here. Performance is an issue too but he's a casual user so a netbook is fine for him.

I offered to purchase a 11" and buy a larger SSD and put it in after-the-fact but he protested because he didn't want to essentially pay for two drives (after not using the preinstalled one when the new one is put in)

1- Are there 11" laptops with dual drive bays? I realize there are 13" models with dual bays, but i couldn't find an 11" with dual bays. I saw the latest macbook air chassis with just the motherboard in it and I see than 90% of the space was for battery. Makes me believe that it is possible to cram 2 drives in a 11" laptop if you sacrifice battery space.

2- Can I purchase an 11" laptop with a 1tb drive preinstalled from the factory? I did some searching and it looks like the highest preinstalled currently available is 512gb. I saw sager allows you to preinstall a 1tb drives but the smallest they offer is 13" models, no 11". I'm looking at Dell, HP (shudders), lenovo, IBM, SAMSUNG, acer, or some other bogbox retailer.... from my searches it seems 512gb drive is the max for 11"

Is simply changing the drive out after he gets the laptop not an option? It is going to cost a ton of money to upgrade compared to doing it yourself.

A client of mine is asking for a 11" laptop with massive amounts of storage, and minimum weight and size. Money isn't an issue and his budget is up to 1500 but does not want to spend that much if possible.

I offered to purchase a 11" and buy a larger SSD and put it in after-the-fact but he protested because he didn't want to essentially pay for two drives (after not using the preinstalled one when the new one is put in)

Ridiculous......and contradictory.
If they don't make one, they don't make one. He'll have to pay for the bigger drive whether he likes it or not......or accept less.

That is foolish to not want to "waste" the original drive. The drive that comes in most laptops is worth around $50... and it costs more to have the OEM upgrade the drive as far as I know. Have him pick a laptop based on what he likes physically and pop in the correct size drive. Makes the most sense IMO.

Back