• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got a free cheap watercooler, and I have a few questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaiser of Kimch

First off, hi everyone, this is my first post, hopefully first of many.

I recently bought a prebuilt computer made in 2009. A few changes had been made since it was bought, which included someone adding a water cooler. The water cooler is a Thermaltake Water 2.0. The CPU on the computer I bought is an i7 920. I foolishly assumed I'd be able to use the water cooler on my current daily desktop (which has an i5 2500k), but it does not fit into the mounts on the motherboard. I should be able to use the radiator and fans (the radiator a fan on either side, which would replace a case fan and mount onto the inside of the case), and just replace the water block, right? Does this water cooling setup have the pump included in the water block?

If it makes any difference, I have a 770 Winforce and my case is the Corsair Air 540.

thanks in advance and sorry if my terminology isn't quite right, I'm new to this stuff.

There should be brackets available for the TtWater2.0 on their website you can order/contact them via email?

The pump is in the block, yes, like most AIOs. So simply getting a block won't work, you would need to add a pump to the loop as well. that said, with the cost being only slightly less than a brand new that fits AIO, why not buy new and not risk 'rigging' things?

There should be brackets available for the TtWater2.0 on their website you can order/contact them via email?

The pump is in the block, yes, like most AIOs. So simply getting a block won't work, you would need to add a pump to the loop as well. that said, with the cost being only slightly less than a brand new that fits AIO, why not buy new and not risk 'rigging' things?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I took a look on their website and I wasn't able to find any brackets, but I did send them an email and also sent a few emails to their distributors in Canada to see if I can get one.

As far as AIOs go, is there anything considered a 'standard'? Obviously to each their own but I think this watercooler is probably pretty bottom of the barrel, heh. Thanks again.

I loved my TtW2.0 personally... it was quite solid and received well in the community.

That said, there is the Swiftech x240 that is essentially a custom 'AIO' in that you can expand it if you would like (pump is powerful enough, hoses are not 'permanent'). I like the NZXT Kraken X line, as well as the CoolerMaster Nepton for sealed AIOs.

I loved my TtW2.0 personally... it was quite solid and received well in the community.

That said, there is the Swiftech x240 that is essentially a custom 'AIO' in that you can expand it if you would like (pump is powerful enough, hoses are not 'permanent'). I like the NZXT Kraken X line, as well as the CoolerMaster Nepton for sealed AIOs.

Oh nice, those last 2 options are pretty cheap too. The Swiftech x240 costs more than I paid for the entire computer I got the Thermaltake Water 2.0 off of (I paid $200)

Back